Thread: 3.35L L-Series Rebello Racing Motor in the Works!

3.35L L-Series Rebello Racing Motor in the Works!

Knowing very little about Nissan vintage cars I turned to a few friends and was introduced to a shop called Rebello Racing. Having researched a bit more and hanging out with friends who know Rebello, I finally decided to take my car there for some tuning. 6 months ago I dropped my car over and Mr. Dave Rebello introduced me to his famous stroked L series motors. Up until this posting the 3.2L kit remains their most radical set up ever on an L28 engine. 3.2L L28

While at the shop Dave, his son Brian, Lawrence, and I hung out a bit more and then they revealed a secret project in the works... a 3.35L motor! Me, being a short 5'6" dude, finally found something to compensate and after days of contemplating decided to go for the 3.35L build.

Yesterday, good friend Ivan from Vintage Spirit was heading up to Rebello and I decided to go check on the progress of the motor. I was happy with the visit... Shop visit!

I'll try and post more photos as they become available to me. Unfortunately I will be in Japan Jan. 20th till Feb. so hopefully when I return we'll get more details!

For more details of the build you can contact Dave, Brian or Lawrence @ Rebello Racing (925) 754-4871

Re: 3.35L L-Series Rebello Racing Motor in the Works!

3.3 and 3.4 liter L6 motors in the 14:1 compression range make over 400ps here in Japan pretty regularly for a couple years now. A nice radical sounding motor.

sounds intense .im in for more info

do want! def looking fwd to this :tu: :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by jncr
    3.3 and 3.4 liter L6 motors in the 14:1 compression range make over 400ps here in Japan pretty regularly for a couple years now. A nice radical sounding motor.
    Yes I've seen some of these builds in G-Works magazines every month. The issue I have with these builds however are the claimed #s. They don't have graphs or dyno sheets to prove it. I'm hoping with this build I can get all the dyno #s to legitimize the build. Please stay tuned.

I am away from my reference material until Feb. I do have some copies of 400m and 800m drag times from the skypark shootout. KGC10-S30-GC110 chassis for sure. Unknown diff/trans/wheel combos but I am sure standard JDM R200 LSD, 4/5 speed and 14/15 rear rim. I look forward to your build and subsequent runs. I am gathering parts for a 3.4 build as my next Hako motor. 3.2 did not stay as much fun as I thought. I ready for more or a power adder....

Quote Originally Posted by jncr
    I am away from my reference material until Feb. I do have some copies of 400m and 800m drag times from the skypark shootout. KGC10-S30-GC110 chassis for sure. Unknown diff/trans/wheel combos but I am sure standard JDM R200 LSD, 4/5 speed and 14/15 rear rim. I look forward to your build and subsequent runs. I am gathering parts for a 3.4 build as my next Hako motor. 3.2 did not stay as much fun as I thought. I ready for more or a power adder....
    3.4!!! Holy Moly!!!

The top cars,(s30's), are running in the high 10's at about 120mph. So 400hp cranks is likely very reasonable.