Thread: Re-introduction from New Zealand

Re-introduction from New Zealand

Hey all, I had an intro thread before the big crash last year.. but it's ok, new one now.

My name's Alex, I run an parts import company in New Zealand called Moonlight Racing (we can get bits from Japan auctions etc too, have seen some people asking where..); anyway not here to drum up business..

My dream car is without question of a doubt Hakosuka GT-R KPGC10.. now that may not be obtainable (yet) but I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced KGC10. Perhaps buy this year but probably not until next year at least. Nonetheless; every week checking auction and dealer listings! We've had our guys check a couple out but weren't to be. I have already got an L28 exhaust manifold which I was gifted from Classsic Car Nagoya on our last trip over so that's somethng.. haha

We run a track car EF9 which started as a bit of fun for my dad and I to get on the track (he had never been out in a race prepped car before on the track) but now it's turned into sort of publicity piece. We take customers for rides at track days etc, it's good fun.

My personal daily is a 1999 Lexus GS300. I'm trying to spur a bit of a VIP movement in New Zealand as well as there isn't much around here in the way of actual proper big body sedan Japan VIP in NZ.

Previously as far as old J-tin goes.. I've really only had one other car worth mentioning which is X71 Cressida which I had some MK1's for.. then the gearbox shat out and engine shat out so I sold it for scrap.

Looking forward to learning more about all sorts of J-tin from around the world

Re: Re-introduction from New Zealand

Hi alex, nice set of cars you have there, if you remember someone was talking to you about three sets of advan a3as from japan not so long ago, that was me haha.
    I put up my kp that theyre going on in this forum too.

Looking at getting another old boxy toyota?

Re: Re-introduction from New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by KP_JAMES
    Hi alex, nice set of cars you have there, if you remember someone was talking to you about three sets of advan a3as from japan not so long ago, that was me haha.
    I put up my kp that theyre going on in this forum too.

Looking at getting another old boxy toyota?
    Ah wicked I saw your intro there, car looks cool. Umm next older car would be either E-AT civic or Hakosuka Skyline But for the next year or so at least I will just continue to work on the EF and Lexus..