Thread: RA24 Celery Suspension

RA24 Celery Suspension

Hey guys,

Looking to lower the Celery. Going to get the T3 weld on coilover kit for the fronts. Just not sure what to do for the rears. Every time I search it on gewgle I don't get what info I seek. So figured id post here. Not sure what to do or what others have done. If they weld on a sleeve with a adjustable collar to make coilovers for the rear?

If you can feed me any knowledge that would be awesome.

Thanks
    Brian

Re: RA24 Celery Suspension

I hate to be that guy. But this has been covered innumerable times in past threads, hit the search button, grab a shovel and dig bro!

In the end you're likely to just get links to those pages anyway so save yourself the time and do the research yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoKP
    I hate to be that guy. But this has been covered innumerable times in past threads, hit the search button, grab a shovel and dig bro!

In the end you're likely to just get links to those pages anyway so save yourself the time and do the research yourself.

All good man. Ive done several searches on here and have not come up with much. That's why I posted. If you say its there then I guess I will try and dig a little deeper.

Thanks

Just search "rear and suspension and celica"
    and the link to my thread
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13523

True coil overs in the rear of 1st Gen celicas need a ton of fabrication to the shock towers to make them safe and stable as the original towers are only meant to take the pressure of the shocks, not the springs. Some have used adjusting sleeves mounted to the diff spring seats, but have heard mixed reviews as the height of the collar can interfere with the bump stops which run through the center of the springs under full compression. Most guys who want to avoid heavy fab and down time simply use new lowering Springs and shocks in back. If you calculate your desired ride height properly, you can get damn close with a static spring. After which a bit of coil trimming will get you right where you want to be. This is very thoroughly covered on 1stgencelica.com.