Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Daily 1980 RX-7 2+2

My Daily 1980 RX-7 2+2

Hey everybody, I'm the proud owner of a 1980 RX-7. Ever since I bought my dream car in May of this year, I've been using her as my daily driver. She's got some custom engine work done and puts one hell of a smile on my face when I take her out for a spin out in the back-roads.

The car was built by a previous owner for drag racing and was sold to a gentleman who took the car and tuned it down for more streetability. He put the car in a garage where she waited for me to find her. I bought my RX-7 the very same day I went out to check the car out and learned how to drive manual on the 60 mile drive home!

Re: My Daily 1980 RX-7 2+2

god thats a beauty!!! i've never actually seen a SA 2+2!! thats insane, pics of those back seats??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Here ya go! Now, I can't say if they're from the factory or not. I know some guys like to modify the cars and put rear seats in 'em, but if they're original to the car that'd be stellar! Pardon the terrible image quality, I couldn't get very good contrast with these.

...and a gratuitous flame shot. 10,000 RPM looks just as good as it sounds!

well thanks...... ops: now i gotta change my shorts and i' m at work..... B-E-A- UTIFUL man. absolutly Beautiful

those seats look factory enough, i'm sure they were either limited option, or J-spec ordered and installed.

Nice! Looks like a very clean example. Love the series 1's....metal bumpers look great 8)

Thanks, both of you guys! :mrgreen: I always had a sweet spot for the S1's. The split tail lights and steel bumpers give it a more classic look to me. Right now with the body and engine pretty much sorted out, I'd like to start working on the interior repairing the seat tears and finding a roof panel and the smaller trim pieces like knobs and plastic brightwork.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Rotary
    god thats a beauty!!! i've never actually seen a SA 2+2!! thats insane, pics of those back seats??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    The Australian ones came with "back seats". My friends dad had a mint FB and I needed to sit across sideways as there was zero legroom.

I'm sure someone could start up a business, swapping US cargo bins for our back seats...

Asian, African and European SA/FBs also came with back seats. Nice car indepentedly of the factory or not rear seats (I think all the seats are retrimmed).

Great looking early RX-7...!! 8)
    Love the cool colour, the alloys and the largely stock appearance in conjunction with the breathed-upon engine.
    Bound to put a smile on your face! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by timmy201
    Quote Originally Posted by 89Rotary
    The Australian ones came with "back seats". My friends dad had a mint FB and I needed to sit across sideways as there was zero legroom.

I'm sure someone could start up a business, swapping US cargo bins for our back seats...
    i'm sure the FC's would be in the same market. and even the FD's. you can find USDM FC's with Back seats in the Base/GXL 2+2 but they are harder to find. BUT so many people want them that when someone adds "JDM" back seats the price jumps 150$.... its stupid. i got my back seats for free. i've even had 2 sets. oh well... lol