Thread: 74 Rx2 Intake/Exhaust Questions

74 Rx2 Intake/Exhaust Questions

Couple Questions about Intake/Exhaust

Will the 12a FB/SA Pacesetter fit our Rx2??

Benefits of keeping Stock Emissions? (besides emissions... lol)

Whats the Best Carb upgrade? (i'm liking the Weber or similar look/idea)

Eventually i'm going to 13b 4 port. anyone with the setup currently running N/A Headers? worried about clearance issues

Re: 74 Rx2 Intake/Exhaust Questions

yes. its the late model block so all the rx7 12a stuff will work no problem.

thanks buddy ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    I doubt that headers for a first gen rx-7 will clear the firewall and floor pan of an rx-2. The engine sits pretty low in the rx-7 so the exhaust has a straight shot under the car, whereas on the rx-2 it must go down a few inches before it can clear the firewall. I've got 2 rx-2s with first gen 12A's, and on both I had to modify RB headers to clear the floor. They should bolt up to a 74 spec engine but clearance out the back will kill you. Lmk if you have any Q's.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyincali
    Quote Originally Posted by derek
    I doubt that headers for a first gen rx-7 will clear the firewall and floor pan of an rx-2. The engine sits pretty low in the rx-7 so the exhaust has a straight shot under the car, whereas on the rx-2 it must go down a few inches before it can clear the firewall. I've got 2 rx-2s with first gen 12A's, and on both I had to modify RB headers to clear the floor. They should bolt up to a 74 spec engine but clearance out the back will kill you. Lmk if you have any Q's.
    awesome, thats what i was worried about. thank you. i'll definatly be hitting you up. i love the Rotary sound and can't wait to get a nice exhaust system on the Rx2

Please note that if you get a pacesetter you will quite likely have to modify it just to make it work, like possibly even re-weld the header flange. They are notorious for not giving one shit about how the product actually fits on the engine or car.

If you're going to have to modify or custom fab anyway, I'd suggest a dis-assembled header kit from Racing Beat.

Quote Originally Posted by ioTus
    Please note that if you get a pacesetter you will quite likely have to modify it just to make it work, like possibly even re-weld the header flange. They are notorious for not giving one shit about how the product actually fits on the engine or car.

If you're going to have to modify or custom fab anyway, I'd suggest a dis-assembled header kit from Racing Beat.

good to know, thank you. i've been using pacesetter headers on my FC for while. only thing i've found is that my FC loves to crack them lol but a lil zap zap tig and they are brand new again lol