Thread: Hako Panels/roll cages

Hako Panels/roll cages

Hi All

well my hako is nearing completion so I will be updating the build threas at long last. Now I have a question to you current and future Hako owners.

"If" there were well reproduced frp panels available would there be a market for them (i.e me having them reproduced). Which panels would be most beneficial?

Ive also in the pipeline a rear cage for my girl as she has had one fitted at some point, again anyone in the market.

Re: Hako Panels/roll cages

There would definitely be interest in such items. However the market for such things is so small it wouldn't be a very lucrative thing to do unless you made like a group buy. I'm not sure if fiberglass replacement panels would be the first thing i would pick for my car but definitely a lot easy then trying to rebuild your rusty old parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ri1eyCoyote
    There would definitely be interest in such items. However the market for such things is so small it wouldn't be a very lucrative thing to do unless you made like a group buy. I'm not sure if fiberglass replacement panels would be the first thing i would pick for my car but definitely a lot easy then trying to rebuild your rusty old parts.

Thanks for your input. i agree not a big market but seeing as there is a language barrier in jp and they seem to add massive value to these frp parts it was worth a punt.

The supplier of the many of the panels available in Japan (restored.jp) hasn't had any issues responding to my English e-mail correspondence. Their pricing is pre-markup and seemed pretty reasonable. I believe they even have a distributor set up for customers outside Japan.

The Hako panel availability is only on the Japanese version of the site but if you e-mail them, they will tell you pricing and what they have in English.

Nice find on restored.jp !

Didn't know about them... good to save that link for the future...

Thanks poorb0yw