Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Docaam 72 2000GT Skyline, GC10

Docaam 72 2000GT Skyline, GC10

As previous thread got deleted so just making a new one.

Text from old thread

Being a hardcoare nissan fan been searching for a skyline a while (8 months) finally managed to get hold of a 1972 Skyline 2000GT. Saw it on yahoo auctions infact was there for past few months, asked my agent to contact the dealership and check the car. He went down in Kawasaki area and saw/drove the car, it has little bit of visible rust on drivers side doors nothing which cant be taken care of easily. Apart from that it drove fine and body looks good as well, my agent was told its in original paint but i havent seen any record of Nissan offering Black sedan in that time, only colours I have seen being offered are six, but not bothered about that.

The details what I have seen and heard so far are:

Its a 1972 2000GT Sedan Kouki Model
    Engine seems to be modified L20 with triple carbs, headers not sure what else is there but sounds and drives fine
    AC is there seems to be stock offered by factory
    Coilovers
    & Power steering.
    Hayashi wheels
    Finally it reached here this week, here got it cleared and straight to the workshop, thought would be able to register it but i guess need some bodywork as some panels have rust spots

Some positive points car body is straight and seems like been modified in the past, painted black from outside inside is original Gun Metal colour, floors, engine bay and trunk area is in good condition, most of the exterior parts are intact and good to reuse, aftermarket fender mirrors, Interior is pretty decent with moonface mats , GTR speedometer, all switches and panels in good condition, 5speed upgraded transmission, engine is the best thing so far havent started as needs new battery, but its upgraded with headers and exhaust along with triple carbs, power steering and AC. Not sure if its stock L20 or been replaced to L24/28/30 need to check that so far so good

Took some mobile cam pics, of the body

Interior pics

Enginebay

Some rusty parts

Will take some detail pictures in coming days

Plan is to get the body done first and then..........

Re: Docaam 72 2000GT Skyline, KGC10

Looking good :tu: . Patching up rust on these cars seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Having a good bodywork shop is a blessing :mrgreen: .

I'll keep a close look on this build and I'm sure you will do this Hako justice! Suprisingly enough many of the Hako's I see online have a very messy bundle of wires under the dash. This seems something the Japanese arn't to tidy on.

Quote Originally Posted by HakosukaBE
    Looking good :tu: . Patching up rust on these cars seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Having a good bodywork shop is a blessing :mrgreen: .

I'll keep a close look on this build and I'm sure you will do this Hako justice! Suprisingly enough many of the Hako's I see online have a very messy bundle of wires under the dash. This seems something the Japanese arn't to tidy on.
    But they way patching is done is good :lol:

I have started opening the car for bodywork main cancer is lower panels of doors but then again will be visible once everything is out. The shop is not great but not bad as well Im sure this can be taken care of easily.

I wont go all IN like did for the Z as sourcing parts and changing majority of stuff is difficult and this car is running so priority is to get it running in clean condition and then take things sections by sections so will do a paint job in new shade and most probably rear surf line will go along some other changes and get the car registered and drive till the season turns scary in April/May time here.

Will do other mechanical improvements after winter either to keep this engine or swap with something similar RB30 as carbs have horror stories here and difficult to run in our weather so as of now have RB30 running on ITBs in my mind if current engine felt a bit weak.

I was under the impression rhd cars were impossible to register in Dubai?

General RHDs are not allowed but there is a place in Sharjah and Dubai for Classic cars and they allow specific different number plates for cars before 1979. there are some restrictions on modifications of engine though as I tried to register my Z and they failed but luckily my Z was LHD so did a normal one.

What happens in april/may that you can't drive it anymore? Is that the winterperiod?

Quote Originally Posted by HakosukaBE
    What happens in april/may that you can't drive it anymore? Is that the winterperiod?
    It gets really warm here in May 39-50s Celsius more in July-Sept/Oct 45-50.

November to March/April is the time here to drive these old cars

Lot's of time to fix them in the summer :tu: .

I wish weather would be a bit better in Belgium. It's raining again and I'm waiting for parts so I have nothing to do on the car.

Awesome buddy. After Dubai Motor Week responsibilities are dealt with I will get down to see the Hako. Not jealous…much :mrgreen:

:tu:

Don't see too many in black. That rust shouldn't be an issue. Great buy sir!

Long live the Hako