Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1970 Toyota Crown MS55 (Update: Re-Assembly has begun!!!)

1970 Toyota Crown MS55 (Update: Re-Assembly has begun!!!)

Some of you may have seen my introductory thread but I figured I should start separate threads for my projects so here is my 1970 Toyota Crown MS55. She runs and drives great, goes down the road smoothly. She has 105k and I am the third owner. Here are so pics for now and I will update as I progress with the car.

Nice! What are the plans?

That car is in excellent shape. :shock:

Nice pick up. I like that Brown Wagon next to it as well...wheel tuck I see! :wink:

Not bad for such an old car. :tu:

I am loving this car man! Those bumper guards are really cool, i wonder what a set would run me now-a-days! Have fun with the car, they are really satisfying to drive around in, i love the view out the back window when your cruising in a MS55. Stuff isn't to easy to find, so if you find a somewhere to get some nos stuff or whatever let me know, i'll do the same for you.

do those front bumper guards fit with the earlier MS55's front bumper? I'd like to get my hands on a pair if they do

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBucket
    I am loving this car man! Those bumper guards are really cool, i wonder what a set would run me now-a-days! Have fun with the car, they are really satisfying to drive around in, i love the view out the back window when your cruising in a MS55. Stuff isn't to easy to find, so if you find a somewhere to get some nos stuff or whatever let me know, i'll do the same for you.

Dang I need to remember that other people might have different tastes, as I thought they were an abomination. I pulled them off and threw them in the trash thinking nobody would want them. They definitely weren't stock or a Toyota part because of the horrible drilling job somebody did to mount them on the car. So I apologize for tossing them fellas, please forgive me.

But yeah as Crown owners we need to keep an eye out on parts for one another. A couple things I need are a fender badge and the chrome trim on the trunk above the tail lights. Maybe we should start a Crown parts wanted/fore sale/trade thread.

FYI, there's a yard over in Yakima that lists a trunk lid in their inventory. It may, or may not have the trim you're looking for.

Lid/Gate
    Toyota Crown WHITE,STOCK NO. 002278028 $65
    Weber's Auto Parts USA-WA(Yakima) Request Quote 1-800-876-4711

Dang I need to remember that other people might have different tastes, as I thought they were an abomination. I pulled them off and threw them in the trash thinking nobody would want them. They definitely weren't stock or a Toyota part because of the horrible drilling job somebody did to mount them on the car. So I apologize for tossing them fellas, please forgive me.

But yeah as Crown owners we need to keep an eye out on parts for one another. A couple things I need are a fender badge and the chrome trim on the trunk above the tail lights. Maybe we should start a Crown parts wanted/fore sale/trade thread.
    To be honest i didn't really love them, i just get a kick out of any dealer option, which these appartly where not. They may have been a datsun truck parts, i've seen them on pl521 that look very similar. Keep up the good work man.