Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KenMeri Love, my 1975 KHGC110 Hardtop Datsun 240K

KenMeri Love, my 1975 KHGC110 Hardtop Datsun 240K

G'day all. Thought I'd post my coupe. Yes, I finally managed too find one. But I'll start from the start.

Part 1: The Find

I've been looking for a coupe for a long time. I've even bought one but that adventured turned south when the seller wasn't exactly honest. So no thanks. Anyway, I was invited to a Facebook group of like minded c110 people and loved seeing their cars.

After getting talking to one who was also looking for a c110 coupe we resolved to finding one each.

Well, I got very lucky when out of the blue I was asked, "how bad do you want a coupe?" It was a project car, but it was complete.

Very silly question. Well I was supplied four photos and an email address from this friend. I owe him so much for this.

The price range was a bit much for him but it was something I might be able to reach. This was very last minute. It was going on eBay the next day. He was passing this information to me!

Contact was made, photos seen and then the next day a deposit paid. Just like that.

The only problem was it was located in NSW. I live in Melbourne. It's only a distance of about 1250Km's. You know what that means??

Part 2: The Road Trip

Road trips can be fun. But 2500km's in 37 hours is painful lol. Big thanks to my father for the assist. Dad made a big effort to get the black wagon in top shape and she performed perfectly. We borrowed a trailer off another mate and we were off. 3 AM start and we covered approximately 1240km in 12 hours 45 min. Not bad all at.

Met Glen, the owner and we got talking all things Datsun. The car was a local car sold by a Datsun dealer new in a town called Gunnedah in NSW. A local fella kept it as his daily until upgrading years later. The coupe went to live in the shed. Then the children learnt to drive in her in their early teens. The blue was boring though so the ok was given to customize the paint. After this, the coupe again went to live in the shed until recovered a couple of years ago.

A quick look over. Money exchanged hands. Receipts given. I now had a car. Wheeled her onto the trailer, which took about 15 secs. Then took 1.5hr's to tie her down LOL. Then began the long journey home.

The happy new owner!

Wrapped for the trip home

Got home at 4PM today.

I've got to inventory it all now, work out what needs doing and start organizing for stuff to be chromed, plated etc.

Home at last

The plan is a GTR replica with a 3L with triple webers. Long time from now

I'll keep you posted

Re: KenMeri Love, my 1975 KHGC110 Hardtop Datsun 240K

Can't wait to see the progress. :tu: :mrgreen:

Sweet!!! glad to see another Kenmeri owner!!

Ok I had a couple of hours spare today so I decided to pull everything out of the car and see where I'm at. The car had been packed by the previous owner before I got there, so was wondering if everything had made it.

So out came all the pieces

In terms of the stainless trim, as far as I can tell I'm only missing a drivers side eyebrow and a right angle bit from the back window

Back cards are stuffed but will make excellent patterns

Inside plastic trim is ok, apart from one being snapped in half

Front indicator housing are gone, but the lenses are reasonable

Boxes with random crap like bonnet catch mount, sun visors, seatbelts, rad hoses, etc etc

Headlights are very good. Not cracked. I'll be upgrading from sealed units but ill hold onto these. Door cards aren't too bad, but will be easy to copy like the rear ones

Twin Su's. looks like they're not exactly the right setup but easy fix

And an awesome surprise. Factory AirCon install

There a 5 speed in the boot along with the hilux calipers. I'll need to look up a few things but I think the rest is there

Needs a massive clean, and it's raining so I can't wheel her outside to blow the crap out. There's mud nests from wasps etc on the block and dirt and crap everywhere else

That's all for now. Photos soon

I'm still checking out if I need to get things before I start the resto. A good thing too as I'm missing some of the stainless trim

Drivers side is ok

The back window is all there. Although it appears I have got a sedan rear section as well

Passenger side is also good.

Just missing the front windscreen top section. It turns out I'm also missing a drivers side eyebrow but I've located one of those already from another c110 owner. The rear eyebrows are pretty badly bent so will need some love.

Once I source a top section it'll all come off and go into a box to await being sent for straightening and polishing.

Sold my skyline...

The C210 that is.

All to fund the C110 coupe

Great machine! Soon to be highly sought after too... Neko.

I've been disassembling my front indicators lately to clean them up. The gaskets are rock hard so I've ordered some more from Japan. The lenses I can use so ill polish those up. The plugs are stuffed so ill cut them off and send the housing off for plating. Blue zinc is closest to factory. Hopefully I can drop these off soon. I'll use some novus plastic polish on the lenses

The stuffed plug. Narva should have something similar

Some more goodies came today as well

2nd hand rear windscreen. Because my coupe didn't come with one. The condition is great!!!

Left it bubble wrapped

Nissan tool kit

NOS breakdown light

Repro badges for the coupe

And some very original books to go along with the car. These came from my C210.

Got some key blanks coming from Thailand, so ill pull the ignition barrel and get keys cut soon.

And I'm chasing a tail light panel that's correct for the GTR look.

I've sourced a drivers side eyebrow so only need the top windscreen piece then ill have it all. That then can be boxed up and sent for polishing

Plenty happening slowly. Stay tuned

great find and good luck

subscribing

Update time...

My key blanks arrived from Thailand

But the top of my ignition barrel is stuffed...so I may have to order a new one.

But i've managed to secure some parts which my coupe was missing. But also more extra goodies. GTR C110's are exclusively are 1973 model cars. But mine is a 1975 which has later model round vents and a different centre console compared to the 1973. So sourcing these parts through YAJ was going to be an expensive prospect...

...until i was contacted by a friend who had decided to part out his 1973 coupe as it had been in a fairly serious accident. These are what i managed to secure for my coupe.

The missing Stainless Steel trim piece across the top of the windscreen. Now i have all the SS Trim for the car.

In here is a Drivers Door glass, only need a front windscreen now

The early square drivers side vent. A little piece is broken out of it but i'll still use it until i can afford another.

The early style glovebox with square vent

And an early Centre Console...complete with Factory Radio and Cassette player !!!!!!

I've been polishing the indicators lenses and they look like they'll work ok. I'll hit them with some clear to keep them from getting worse. I'm still waiting on the gaskets to come from Japan for those too. I'll need to cut the plugs as they've disintergrated and put new ones on. Narva make some so that's sorted. Just have to send the housings away for plating...

...so some progress is happening, although that will slow for christmas.

Good times.