Thread: Autmotive bucket list?

Autmotive bucket list?

We all have them. I think it would be pretty cool to share 'em here. Maybe even point people in the right direction? I'll share mine in no particular order.

- Drive a "proper" Alfa Romeo through Italy. I'm not talking about a 8C (though it's pure automotive ography) or a 60's era Alfa racer, but a nice one like a 155 V6, 159 or a Brera.

- Drive a R32, R33 or R34 Skyline GT-R in anger on a race track. 'Nuff said.

- Take a Ford GT (legally) past 200 MPH. This was my late dad's dream car. He grew up during Ford's 'Total Performance' era and he loved the original Ford GT40 and it's brilliant story with Enzo Ferrari and a very pissed off Henry Ford II; originally wanted to sell Ferrari to Ford, but broke it off at the last minute. 'The Duece' was so angry that he commanded that a Ferrari beater was to be built and how it did...... you should have seen his face when he first saw that Superbowl commercial with the new era GT ripping around a race track.... besides IMHO the Ford GT is one of the most beautiful cars to have ever been built.

Re: Autmotive bucket list?

Hmm, automotive bucket list, huh? Well, that list is so long that I don't really know where to begin, haha.

I would love to restore a 2000GT someday. Maybe pick up something like this:

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/g ... 22001.html

Another bucket list item is to build an S30 with a 1GZ-FE engine under the hood. Rock a whole bunch of bike carbs and rebuild it with higher compression pistons and you got yourself a 400+ hp Z with a sound that will embarrass Ferraris!

But I guess the one that I would most love to do would be to drive the Lancia Delta S4 in anger. That thing is the definition of rally madness.

Cheers,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazoto
    Hmm, automotive bucket list, huh? Well, that list is so long that I don't really know where to begin, haha.

But I guess the one that I would most love to do would be to drive the Lancia Delta S4 in anger. That thing is the definition of rally madness.

Cheers,
    David
    Ah, the Twincharged one!

Supercharged AND Turbocharged-kind of like a Nissan Super March Turbo, but more so

Quote Originally Posted by rickgrimes

Cheers,
    David
    Ah, the Twincharged one!

Supercharged AND Turbocharged-kind of like a Nissan Super March Turbo, but more so
    Exactly! Although the image above is actually of the twin turbo-charged triflux engine. A wicked engine in it's own right. It was the engine that was planned to be used in the Lancia Delta ECV, which was to be a successor to the Delta S4.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/02/the-triflux/

The S4 had a more primitive, yet still completely elegant design.

I owned a March Super Turbo for a while, and aside from grenading the diff on it and shattering a bushing in the steering rack, it was a torque steering monster that was a riot to drive! It used a setup almost identical to the Delta S4, although it lacked the intercooler and only had the aftercooler.

This is actually easy for me.... my #1 bucket list thing to do... take MY little AE71 out to the Nordschleife - Nürburgring.

Spend a weekend.... Me.... in my car at speed.........

:mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by rickgrimes

Cheers,
    David
    Ah, the Twincharged one!

OMG YES! I would love to drive a Group B rally car in pure anger and walk out at the end with the biggest hard on!!!!