Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony's 77' Corolla TE31

Tony's 77' Corolla TE31

Hello guys... I've been lurking on this forum For a minute and I've decided to post of my own car. I recently just bought a 1977 Toyota Corolla 2TC with a T40 trans... I bought it in Brentwood, CA for $750. It hasn't been registered since 2008 and registration fees are going to be another $750. Anyways it runs and drives... I feel it needs a new clutch but other than that its good. It's got some rust issues (PO claimed it had no rust) and the suspension seems shot. I work for the state referee (smog station) and smogged the corolla last week. CO was at 4.6 ... Runs super rich... Anyways here's some pics... I'll update when I can! Thanks for looking guys.

Me and my friends AE86 SR5

Re: Tony's 77' Corolla TE31

looks good that te!

more pics :tu:

Thanks... I'll be pulling some parts from the wrecker today... Lets hope I get lucky

Car looks good man! if you ever decide to track it lol let me buy your driver side door card if its not missing any pieces of material (mine has a chunk missing) and the back bench lol

But in all seriousness I love that blue. Same as my TE. Nice car man!

Thanks man... I love this blue... Once I get the engine and carb in tip top shape I'm going to restore the body

I see you have made it here from the rollaclub forums too. :wink: Glad to see another TE31 on here.

Keep us updated if you get that stock carb to pass smog. I had the same issues with mine after rebuilding. Idle was fine, but when the RPMs go up it fattens up the mixture.

Haha yea it took me a minute to figure out that darn security question haha...

UPDATE: I have changed my plans for the corolla... No more registering and no more smog... I'm going to track it 8)

Registration is going to be $800 now and that's a LOT of money just to be able to drive around on the street not to mention insurance... I have an Audi as a daily driver so I'm not too worried about getting the corolla registered.

I just came back from Sonoma race track where they hold Wednesday night drift events and it just hit me... I have a rwd car that's about what... 1900 lbs? It all seems like the perfect recipe for a drift car... So on Sunday I'm going to strip the ac, smog pump, ac lines, ac condenser and the rear seats... I'm also going to strip any unnecessary weight so I can run a lighter car to make up for the small amount of horses the 2TC puts out... I'll probably post all my ac and seats stuff on the swap thread...

Current plans are to strip the TE of unnecessary weight, cut the front springs and 2" blocks in the rear (until I can afford the weld on coilovers) and save up for some wider tires... Since this is going to be a straight drift car and ill be towing it to the track I might just weld the diff... But first I'm going to try it at the track with the current 3.90 open diff...

I'll update again tomorrow with some pics... Stay tuned! And thanks for the support!

If you keep it off the DMV record for a while it may fall out of their system, so you could register later for less $. Curious to see where this thread goes. I may be interested in your AC parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington
    If you keep it off the DMV record for a while it may fall out of their system, so you could register later for less $. Curious to see where this thread goes. I may be interested in your AC parts.

Oh really? I didn't know that haha... I hope it does fall out of their system haha... And yea I see your in California too.... And yea dude I'd be down to sell you my a/c parts for dirt cheap since they have no real value to me as of right now...

Oh and for the other viewers new seats and grant steering wheel... Picked up both seats from the wrecking yard for $40 and grant wheel with hub and adapter for $7 also new e brake and e brake cover ... Then detailed the interior 8)

I might end up selling these seats later and get bucket seats

Where did you get the hub for the GT Grant? I'm looking to put one in my TE31.

Yours looks awesome, by the way! :tu: