Thread: My 1978 Toyota Corona Wagon.

My 1978 Toyota Corona Wagon.

Hey guys, my name is Julian. I just recently purchased this vehicle with great intentions. It's a blank canvas, I just got done with metal fabricating school so here I go. It's definitely a work in progress, pictures will be posted throughout the time. I really hope to meet other enthusiasts, as I have a lot of questions about my Corona.

First of all, the inner tie rod is longer on the left side than it is on the right. Is this normal? And, there's very little DIY about this repair so could someone run through the installation of the tie rod? I couldn't slide it off, I'm assuming it's pressed on?

Secondly, I'm also looking for misc parts. If you know anyone that's parting out a compatible Corona, please send them this way or let me know! I'm looking for a left fender, front bumper, headlights, center console, and grill.

What has happened here was I purchased this from a local. Some drunk guy hit the car, tore the left fender pff The PO put what I think are Celica lights up front. Only because they have parking lights, and the front bumper was torn off also, so he had to rig some setup with the lights. It runs wonderful, I actually had test driven it before the car crash it was very nice. He sold it to me for a very great deal, I couldn't resist. Anyways, enough rambling. Trying to get this car out of his driveway and into mine this weekend. Thread will be updated this weekend!

Re: My 1978 Toyota Corona Wagon.

I look forward to seeing more pics and progress of your car. I am not sure where you live, but if I spot corona parts in the yards around here, Ill let you know. What are your plans for it?

Well, I had just barely picked it up yesterday when I decided to post. I have the rest of the week off work so I've begun my search.

This is how the car used to sit

And this is now. Headlights are different because he needed the blinkers and the front bumper was torn. I did find a Corona at our yard with the same headlights I currently have, I'm gonna snag the grill. Anyone know if I could use that fender as well, and possibly front bumper? Do you guys think the RT100 front end would bolt onto my wagon?

If none is compatible, I'd love to restore it to the original setting, with yellow film on the lenses. I would just really like the original RT119 front end but either look will definitely do, it's a good looking car. :wink: Keep it grey, clean up some shaving they did on the mirrors. I don't mind the fender-mirror style, it's tasteful. The body is really straight, and the interior so great for it's age. More pictures to come, inner tie rod is supposed to make it Friday hopefully. :tu:

I have nice front bumper for sale...Stevemorgan351@gmail.com.

messaged you Steve. Good looking donor car :lol: Update this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JulianS
    Anyone know if I could use that fender as well, and possibly front bumper? Do you guys think the RT100 front end would bolt onto my wagon?
    the RT100 bumper should bolt right on. i dont know if there is a difference of the fender from the headlights with the turn signal assembly inside of it rather than on the bumper.
    I have a RT119 Corona wagon and i'd like to see more of yours!

here's the flickr of my car http://www.flickr.com/photos/casanovaxrodeo/