Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JNC Happy Hour: What's Everyone Drinking?

JNC Happy Hour: What's Everyone Drinking?

This is a thread for everyone who's old enough to drink (and enjoys it.) Are you a beer guy? Or maybe you love wine? How about a good whiskey/whisky/bourbon/scotch? Rum or cachaša? Tequila or Mezcal? Gin? Vodka? Do you love cocktails? Tell us what you're drinking (and be sure the only car you're driving is on your Playstation or XBox.)

I have a well-stocked bar, and I love a good beer, too. I even have a beer fridge on my back patio. Tonight, I'm having a rum and coke with some Mount Gay white rum and cheap store brand diet cola. Don't laugh. Diet cola works well in a rum and coke. It's not quite as sweet, so it goes down very well.

I am a beer snob lol. Considering I live in the land of 1000 beers there is a large selection to go from. My favorites for home are Fat Tire and a couple different Dunkelweisen and hefeweisens. When I goto the Horse Brass which is a british pub here in town, I usually get a Dark Cherry Stout from Walking man brewery in Stevenson, WA.

That reminds me I should call the brewery and see if they have the stout on tap this weekend....

Beer through and through. Preferably Kirin Ichiban Shibori, but tonight was mostly Asahi Super Dry ;P

Quote Originally Posted by bajasoobnut
    When I goto the Horse Brass
    I've been to the Horse Brass. When I lived in Portland about 15 years ago, I lived only a couple of blocks from the Barley Mill pub. A friend and I used to drink- I mean eat our lunches there regularly.

Fat tire give my friend the shits. I think it is funny. I am all about the new castle brown ale and the Big sky moose drool. The racer 5 is also good and you can not go wrong with some 1554 new belgian.

Good Beer : Saison DuPont, Southern Tier Tripel or Phin and Matts
    Bad Beer: my garage beer fridge always has Miller High Life in cammo cans in it!

clear liquor: I'm on a Rouge Distillery Spruce Gin kick or Iceberg Vodka

manly liquor: I'm experimenting with bourbons after getting a tour of Wild Turkey earlier this year. I'm on thier Rare Breed reserve right now.

Also trying out Scotch. I don't know what I dont know but its awesome stuff and I'm digging it.

Fruity Drinks: Firefly Iced Tea Vodka. Go check it out. Cut it equally with cold water over ice and OMFG it tastes like sweet tea. I have already been in big trouble twice with this one!

Wine: I'm new to wine and still trying to appreciate it. I'm partial right now to Vino Verdhe from Portugal, Famega in particular.

After Dinner Drink: Shillelagh equal parts Jameson and Baileys poured over crushed ice.

My buddies and I got trashed at TGI Fridays last night for karaoke night.

Chuhai.
    Which always results in dropped jaws and astonished looks from Japanese natives who can't believe foreigners have ever heard of this or would want to drink it when they think whiskey is much more desirable.
    Unfortunately, American market shochu is weak and vodka must be substituted in part or whole.

Sake on the rocks.
    Which also results in astonishment after explaining to the waitress to discard the tiny little shot glass and pour the entire serving size bottle into a highball glass filled with ice. There is difficulty understanding that sake can be sipped instead of slammed back from tiny little single gulp medicine spoon sized ceramic ware.
    Geography again has a negative impact, because Ozeki is not widely available, and the more common Gekikan is rice vinegar.

Asahi dry :tu: :tu: :lol: :lol:

I have a hankering for Nigori Sake now....