Thread: 1969 crown rs56 pickup build pics

1969 crown rs56 pickup build pics

If anyones interrested here a link to my build pics: http://kuvablogi.com/blog/6376/8/

The car is a 1969 crown pickup, the japanese el camino :mrgreen:
    The frame is pretty much done so far, putting airbags in, otherwise nothing out of the ordinary, original 2 liter fourbanger that got new bearings and gaskets and four on the floor. I have a 215cui buick/rover v8 laying around that would be nice to put in there but getting it road approved would be a little tricky.
    Right now im pretty swamped in some massive rust repair but its getting there, slowly. Its nothing like doing a resto on my chevelle were repro-anything is available, cant get any sheetmetal for this one. I butchered a rs56 utility van for parts which helped alot.

WOW! thats some serious surgery you're doing there! I'm sure the finished product of your work will be priceless!! I wish we had crown pickups here in the states!!

you just need to ahead and import one...

thats what I call a real resto job! it was in a far worse state than my ms55 sedan(see seperate thread)!!Rust wasn't much of an issue other than the back of the fenders and a couple of coin-sized holes on the floor!

cant wait to see it complete. keep up the good work :tu: :tu:

Im really jealous of you guys living in a nice warm dry climate, cars dont rust that bad. Over here salted roads and snow make sure the cars end up like this. As you can see from the frame pics there wasnt much left around the spring shackle :mrgreen: But the worst part is the old half-assed repairs that some-one made. I figure its going to need about 12ft of weld seam across the rear quarter on the driver side, thats going to be interresting to get into a paintable finish :roll:

You put salt on the roads. We have tons of it in the air all over the place whenever its windy; If you happen to live in a seaside town your car's life expectancy is no more than 12-15yrs!
    and trust me 70s and 80s Jap and italian cars are the worst casualties! no wonder not many are left around!
    keep us posted