Thread: Idea for site: tech area

Idea for site: tech area

I know the VW arena is a lot bigger worldwide than jtin, but i always dig this section at The Samba:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/

I see things floating around here and there on the forum, but it would be kind of cool to have something a bit more organized on the tech side of things. I know there is a japanese site with 20 million brochures, but still. Would be a good reference and help the genre overall, i think, for noobs and experienced alike. Might take years to build...Just an idea!

Re: Idea for site: tech area

Quote Originally Posted by moominsean
    I know the VW arena is a lot bigger worldwide than jtin, but i always dig this section at The Samba:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/

I see things floating around here and there on the forum, but it would be kind of cool to have something a bit more organized on the tech side of things. I know there is a japanese site with 20 million brochures, but still. Would be a good reference and help the genre overall, i think, for noobs and experienced alike. Might take years to build...Just an idea!
    I endorse that opinion ....

Re: Idea for site: tech area

No kidding, that would take years to build, you're not talking about just one Make (like VW), you're talking about ALL the Japanese auto makers and the numerous models that fall under each name.

For most and I could be wrong, but JNC is more of the common area to talk J-tins, bullshit, post up meets, meet other fellow J-tin owners in your area, share your builds, sell your cars and parts. Most will have other forums we use specifically geared to our makes or models when we need tech help or discuss upgrades.