Thread: Seat adjustability for Te72? (tall drivers)

Seat adjustability for Te72? (tall drivers)

So I'd like to pick up a TE72 Corolla. I just met with a guy that has one for sale for $500.00. I sat in it, but my roof grazes the ceiling unless I lay the seat back to a ridiculous angle. My leg room is fine, but I don't think I could drive comfortably for very long like that. So my question is, has anyone done any mods or if there is a bolt in option to allow the seat to sit lower? Perhaps directly on the floor board?
    Also, i'm not too familiar (yet) with all the Corolla models, but this one was different than what I was expecting. It was an '82 2 door coupe, but it had small little windows in the rear that rolled down too. So a total of 4 windows rolled down, not just the 2 in the front. What model is that?
    Thanks for any help
    -Phil

I guess I never paid attention to the different styles of corollas. Here is a picture (from club4ag) of the style I sat in.

Re: Seat adjustability for Te72? (tall drivers)

Quote Originally Posted by big phil v
    I sat in it, but my roof grazes the ceiling unless I lay the seat back to a ridiculous angle. My leg room is fine, but I don't think I could drive comfortably for very long like that. So my question is, has anyone done any mods or if there is a bolt in option to allow the seat to sit lower?
    Best way I've found to get the seating position lower... :wink:

Although that's an option, it's not quite what I had imagined.

I've got a 1980 (1979.5) TE72. I am 6'4", and I fit fine with the seat all the way back. I take it you're taller?

Hard to find cars that fit us taller folks. :lol:

I am 6'4" as well. Perhaps our torso/leg dimensions are different. Is it possible that the style of Corolla that I tested today is different than what you have? Is yours a 4 door? 2 door? just like the one i posted above? I would really appreciate the help. **I just saw another of your posts with your car. It is a different model than the one I tested today. Your's is actually the 2 door that I want. Nice car!!**
    I was thinking about other possible solutions. Not sure how possible it is, but I was thinking to cut out the current mounts, make the floor board as flat as possible, and make new/lower seat mounts. Again, not sure if its possible, but perhaps its an option.

I'm pretty thin (I run a lot), so that might be it. However, once I convert mine to a 5 speed, I have to get a smaller steering wheel. I an't safely heel-toe in most stock cars because my legs don't have enough room to move under the wheel! There's leg room, but not if I move kinda thing.

I'm very surprised I fit in my car. I heard the original design committee stated that it must be roomy inside.