Thread: KE35 SR 2TG - Danish

KE35 SR 2TG - Danish

The engine will be switched with a 2TG, which is newly renovated, and with other cams and adjustable cam gears
    For the rear axle assembly, I am not really sure of what to choose, but I believe it will be AE86. If you have any other suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also, I have started changing the steering mechanism and I think about which solution will be the easiest. Should I rebuild the original subframe with the steering mechanism from KE70 or install subframe from KE70, AE86, TE71 or S13? I know they don't fit, but I can make them doing so. Last time I was able to entirely build a subframe and made with a good steering mechanism, lowered engine and made in a way so that I could use the AE86 engine supporters. I am so unsure of which procedure to choose.

At the moment the hood, front wing and hatch are made in glass fibreous. I am really looking forward to see these parts. Meanwhile, I mess around with various things for the under waggon, e.g. optimisation and lowering of the rear end.

I will make an effort to try to keep this thread updated when progress is seen.

Since it is also my first serious contribution, I just want to mention the japanese cars, which I have.

AE86 4age
    TE70 2TG - AE86 rear axle assembly
    3x E3 SR

http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... and%20TE37

Re: KE35 SR 2TG - Danish

Looking good...

Serious project, did not know You where that far in Your project 8)

Thumbs up.

Sounds like a fun project. I like how you are keeping it light with the 4 cyl and light running gear of the AE86. What are the plans for the rest of the car?

It is and will remain being buildt with the original look except from the front lip, which I will probably install. The plans for the car is, when it is done once, that it should be left in the garage for a couple of years and when time comes for it to drive again it should be as a street car. It will get a standard flat hood with air intake of chrome. The hood will be made of glass fibrous.

I have not yet decided which wheel rim to use except for it being JDM old school.

As mentioned earlier, the interior will be a braun SR cabine and dashboard with three big watches and a little one. If I am able to detect the dashboard with three small watches will it be that instead. The only parts not being original is a Nardi steering wheel and TRD gear knot (round leather model).

I have removed the antenna as it on the Danish models is located in the front wing, which I don't like. By the way I am lacking an original radio.

When this car is done with the make over I will probably start over with another TE37. It will be build on the same principles with divline and I hope to get the engine for that one optimised. The cabine is black SR, nardi steering wheel, TRD horn, TRD gear knot (round leather model) and then I am thinking about sport seats, likely Bride Histrix. I have been looking at MX5 seats too though. It will be with a complete cabine inclusive rear seats.
    On the outher it will be fitted with a glas fibrous hatch, front wings and hood (Mustang model) and TRD N2, front lip, duck tail wing and pillar antenna, and JDM old school wheel rim. I will probably not use this car right away either, but when doing so, then for street use.

Inspiring project, I look forward to continuing a work.
    :tu: