Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JNC status abused?

JNC status abused?

so.

reading posts on here i gotta say i get kinda annoyed.. what qualified as nostalgic? 89 honda preludes or a 91 mazda 626. just because its slightly old and Japanese does not make it "nostalgic" dont exactly fit the bill in my opinion.. neither do just about any car after 86 JUST in my opinion.

I do not want to alienate anyone or create a forum "elites" class. but I don't want JNC to be an abused term like JDM. lets set some standards here folks.

*i have to add that i have a 91 galant vr4 and its rare.. its japanese. but I do NOT consider that a JNC car because its from a different era in my opinion.*

Re: JNC status abused?

People dont really understand what real vintage sheet metal is.

Theres bugger all cars on here after 1990, and most of the time their threads get little attention anyway,
    usually just some kid whose proud of his car...

Does it reeeeealy matter?

It completely matters. What does jdm mean? Nothing anymore it's a loose term. Muscle car guys call everything jdm because its not a defined term because there is so much shit that's JDM, lets not let out love for classic Japanese sheet metal get abused by people with crappy old cars that want to try to convince people it's cool by saying its "nostalgic"

Ill get the pitch forks... :roll:

The general rule on here is Japanese cars 25 years old or more. This has included cars younger than that but which started production 25 + years ago. I understand it's a rolling 25 year thing.
    JNC means Japanes Nostalgic Car.
    JDM means Japanese Domestic Market.
    There's plenty of people on here with younger Japanese cars that they spend time and money on, many of them are hoping to own something older or even JDM at a later stage.
    Personally I haven't got a problem with 1988 cars being on here or indeed a '91 VR4 when it's 25 years old but you dont have to put in on if you dont want to !

so an 88 toyota camry is nostalgic?

It has nothing to do with a headhunt or being mean or trying to be superior, i just would hate to see true enthusiasts get muddled up with a garbage. Ive seen it here and other other websites. yes part of the JNC thing is having cars that are off popularity sometimes and most people don't understand. i just don't think some kid rocking there stock broke ass 89 maxima that's falling apart and because they have an autozone shift knob can call it cool because hes going for the JNC thing. Thats my issue.. its like people who say "i have a jdm intake on my honda" (autzone spectre) like jdm before anything makes it cool... i have a jdm bathmat, i have a jdm paperclip. take a look at my sweet jdm can opener, it opens cans on the right side!

i just wanted peoples thoughts not to start a hullibalooo

I dont want to get in a fight about it either. I probably wouldn't get too excited about an 88 Camry but I'd like to be proved wrong. Time heals many wounds !
    When I was 10 my neighbour bought a new Datsun 120Y Coupe with the Soccer ball hubcaps. I cant remember exactly what I thought but it probably included the words "Sh*t", "Pile" and "Of"...
    I'd drive one of them now no problem.
    As RedSunday said, you dont see too many 1990's cars on here. Not yet anyway. We are damn close to some R32's appearing though but that does not mean they will actually have a big presence here. People generally seem to realise when they're in the wrong place and there's so many forums out there for each and every car I dont think we are in danger of being over run by cars we dont like (we can all decide for ourselves which cars they might be !)
    Fools dont seem to last long on here so I wouldn't worry about it.
    BTW, I built my wood shed out of JDM packing crate 3 by 3's so I reckon it's pretty cool, mind you the wood probably came from China or somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Akio
    only if you live in austria
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Garant
    Quote Originally Posted by Akio
    only if you live in austria
    And there go the Austrian members...