Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCCA - New Year Meeting.

JCCA - New Year Meeting.

Wow! Never been before. What an amazing experience. HUGE is the word. Bliss for the car otaku. More cars, displays, jumble sale, food, sun, and car talk than one man can stand. Incredible experience. For anyone contemplating a trip to Japan, you have to time it to attend the New Year Meeting.

Pics to follow, including I am sure a few good sets of some of the amazing displays. As always, some of the most interesting stuff is in the car park, and on the streets outside the display area. I will post some generic snaps here when I finish scanning. I even managed to get some bits for my car... See ya. Neko.

Re: JCCA - New Year Meeting.

soooooooo pissed i missed this today :td: :td: :evil: def looking fwd to the pix!

Quote Originally Posted by familycar
    soooooooo pissed i missed this today :td: :td: :evil: def looking fwd to the pix!
    Bummer! Early start, the S-hachi seems to run well on really cold days, loving to rev out, playing tag with a few kyusha over the Rainbow Bridge, drop down into Daiba for a slow queue into the car park. Finally grabbing a spot next to my favorite Dodge. More from inside to follow. Neko.

Photos coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideglide
    Photos coming!
    Yes! I think a full feature is expected on the front page and everything. Here are some snaps though of some of the lesser stuff that caught my eye... Please feel free to correct my inaccuracies. A first issue Civic RS:

A Tama Bellett that looks like it has had better days:

Tsukuba 2000GT, assuming driven all the way, imaging coming down on the Tohoku and getting passed by this:

Two very tasty Chiba GTs:

Twin cam Stout:

Toyopet truck of some sort:

The Toyopet's on-board back-up:

The owner of which told me he had driven from Ibaraki! I wanted to ask him how many days (or weeks) it took, but thought better of making a feeble joke on such an effort:

Especially too as his companion was cooking some oimo at the rear of the truck, and insisted on giving me one fresh from his portable oven:

I missed the next 30 minutes of photography opportunities as I wandered aimlessly about with a hot ishiyaki oimo in one hand and a fresh brewed kohi in the other. Breakfast in the sun on a winter day:

Not that I've a thing for trucks or anything:

Mitsu no Mitsu (ha ha):

Simply one of the cleanest, tidiest cars I think I have ever seen. It would shame many a concours entrant the world over:

I think this Daihatsu has what is popularly called 'patina'. A Japanese word for 'looks-messy-but-at-least-it-is-original':

The coolest snow takushi I've seen in a while:

Sled:

Unlike other cars, I am assuming this Midget did not drive too far from anywhere:

'Where is the engine?' I heard one garu ask her BF:

This nice lady explained to me she had owned her 77 S since buying it new, and I think we then shared a giggle about us both driving Honda S-cars:

To close, a comment on just how great this event is. Tremendous! Not just for the kyusha, but also for the vast array of cars, car history, car bits, and just car friends all in one place, on this day enjoying the sun and the event. Thoroughly recommended. Neko.

Awesome post Neko! Like you kind of said meets like this are more than just cool cars and parts but the comradery between everyone is great. Makes me miss Japan even more.

Thanks for posting.

Love that Publica truck. Any more shots of the rusty bellett? Classic car overload, would love to be there!

i will regret missing this for a long long time...probably until next year haha. thanks for the pix!

Quote Originally Posted by moominsean
    Any more shots of the rusty bellett? Classic car overload, would love to be there!
    No unfortnately. At least not from me - you will have to wait I think for the big front page, blow-out. I was just snapping for my own interest, not even using a whole roll of film!

You will however, have to time your next visit for something similar - perhaps the month from JCCA to Nostalgic2Days, with haikyo in between! Neko.

is haikyo a show? i know it means ruins, but not sure if thats a classic car meet or what haha