Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnfind 1977 Galant GL 23000 miles ,UK.

Barnfind 1977 Galant GL 23000 miles ,UK.

Hi guys ,new to this forum ,i,m a VW guy really,spend most of my time under various vws,welding torch in hand,but this looks like a pretty cool place ,been looking for info with regards to a car i,v recently aquired ,76/77 Galant GL 1600 Automatic ,23000 miles ,rust proofed from new ,struggled to find info anywhere until a friend told me about this place ,it belonged to an elderly aunt of mine ,who gave up driving 20 yrs ago ,and its sat in her garage ever since ,i,m probably looking to sell at some point ,but want to get as much info as i can (value etc) before i make my mind up.I,ll post some pics in a bit,
    Cheers Donald

Pics

Woahh what a find! :shock:

Welcome to the club, mate

Administrator
    Look at that interior. You lucky bastard. Welcome to JNC.

Nice car dude, love the interior, colors nice too!

OMG! Perfect Galant, only coupe worth saving.

OMG that is soooooo clean

Wow, that's in fantastic shape. You shouldn't have any problems selling it, I'm sure there are plenty of UK JNCers that'd love to own a clean hardtop Galant.

Actually, I've got a couple questions for the UK Mitsu guys: I see this car has an automatic, is it the same A904 Torqueflite that Chrysler installed in Mitsubishis imported to the US?
    Also, I see the engine bay is painted black. Is this unique to UK Mitsus? I'm pretty sure the engine bays are painted body color in most parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Joe
    Wow, that's in fantastic shape. You shouldn't have any problems selling it, I'm sure there are plenty of UK JNCers that'd love to own a clean hardtop Galant.
    You're not kidding!! I wish my hardtop was as well preserved!! One in a million find, methinks!

Actually, I've got a couple questions for the UK Mitsu guys: I see this car has an automatic, is it the same A904 Torqueflite that Chrysler installed in Mitsubishis imported to the US?
    Ummm... Not sure. My workshop manual only lists the manual transmissions; KM110 (1.6) and KM132 (2.0). The Haynes manual says that there's two choices of Automatic. One is a TorqueFlite, but it doesn't state the model. The other is a BorgWarner - Again, model unspecified.

The only details I can offer are the ratios:

Torqueflite:
    1st - 2.45:1
    2nd - 1.45:1
    3rd - 1.0:1
    Reverse 2.2:1

Also, I see the engine bay is painted black. Is this unique to UK Mitsus? I'm pretty sure the engine bays are painted body color in most parts of the world.
    As standard - Yes they were body coloured in the UK. I imagine this one's black because of the aftermarket rustproofing it's had. If only they'd all been rustproofed to this level!

hi

Guys ,ye the black colour under the bonnet is the rust proofing ,not very pretty ,but seems to have done a good job ,as for the auto box ,no idea,anyways ,i know its a hard thing to do ,but would any of the UK guys on here have any idea of the value of this ,i am most probably going to have to sell this (time,space ,money,the usual),any one has any ideas, propositions please email me at "harveydonald8@aol.com".
    Cheers Donald