Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a 75 TE31 with 75k original miles!

Just bought a 75 TE31 with 75k original miles!

Hey everybody,

Today, I was drinking coffee at the ass-crack of dawn, and was searching CL for JNC's like I do every morning, when I stumbled upon an ad for a 75 corolla deluxe, no description of the body style, tranny, etc, no photo, Well he had said he might entertain a datsun trade, and I had a 79 210 wagon i've been restoring slowly, so I shot him a text with a photo.

much to my surprise, he got back to me only a few moments later and said he loved the car and wanted a description, so I emailed him a paragraph or three about the datsun, and within moments, he had invited me to come check out the car.

at this point i had no idea what body style or shape this corolla was in, but i was certainly going to go check it out (i didn't ask him too many questions, i guess i wanted to be surprised) when i arrived, he couldn't have been more happy with my datsun, and I couldn't have been more happy with the BEAUTIFUL 2 door te31 that sat in front of my eyes, with it's original AM radio, floor mats, dealership receipt, 70's aftermarket wiper delay, not a dent on the car, or a scratch bigger then a finger width on the whole car. not a scratch on the glass, and every seal looks brand new. the locks turned like butter, and i gladly exchanged titles and drove this car home, in a state of complete and utter shock. I'll shoot some photos tomorrow.

I'm so stoked! I have an 82 starlet kp61 that i'm planning on building for the track (previous owner stripped interior, no heater, built engine and jdm wheels, flares), but now i have a beautiful stock cruiser to roll on. probably lower it on coilovers in the front, drop it a little in the back, throw some extra meshies i have on it, and drive her FOREVER.

photos soon!

Re: Just bought a 75 TE31 with 75k original miles!

Really nice car!!

Nice find!

Re: Just bought a 75 TE31 with 75k original miles! (PHOTOS)

shot some photos of the car today: check it out!

What a lucky buy? Really a black beauty. Please show more view of the cars - engine & interior.
    Keep us posting. :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by brownevan
    shot some photos of the car today: check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Supraman
    What a lucky buy? Really a black beauty. Please show more view of the cars - engine & interior.
    Keep us posting. :tu:
    I definitely will. Believe it or not, the previous owner has a DUII system in his vehicle (i have to breathalyze it in order to start the car ) so the interior photos would look rather, tacky. haha, it's getting removed on thursday; and once i can hit the engine with some degreaser, i'll surely shoot an engine bay picture.

Oh your hooked up now :tu:

very cool. That's a nice grill for the 31's. Is black the stock color? What wheel choice will you go with? Can't wait to see more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington
    very cool. That's a nice grill for the 31's. Is black the stock color? What wheel choice will you go with? Can't wait to see more pics.
    I've got some 13x6 Carroll Shelby CSS meshies; with 205/50 tires on my KP... probably gonna reverse the tires so the white don't show (got em' that way), and I think they'll look just right on the TE31.

I also got to keep the wheels off the datsun! so they'll go back on the KP and look nice; I love gold wheels on white cars... I sold the datsun with these 13x5 slot mags that came with the car when i bought it...

Oh, and it's dark, dark brown. on a sunny day i'll get a picture of it; but here in portland, that may be a while...