Thread: Seatbelts in 1300 wagon?

Seatbelts in 1300 wagon?

Hello everybody!

Iīm a new user here and already has a question!
    (my question has nothing to do with that Iīm new)

Bought a 1300 wagon from my neighbour country Norway and now has some problems with the registration here at home in Sweden. Itīs a 74ī and in Norway it didnīt need any seatbelts in the backseat... but as it becomes a Swedish member he must be safer, for some reason :roll:
    Iīve seen some pictures (not so good) so I know how they hang, but I think the attachment above the window is some what strange... and theres the problem, I donīt how its originally done?

Would be great if someone could help me out!

I might take some pictures later this week.

Administrator
    Sorry, I can't help you with the seatbelts but I want to see pics

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...pic.php?t=1143

At the end of the first page are some pictures of the rear seat belts, since you are new you could have missed that topic ;-)

Nope, Iīve seen it

Buts itīs more tricky than that Iīm afraid... as I would guess that that sedan has a nut welded to the body with a thread in it! But mine doesnīt... donīt know if Iīm missing something in my car though.

Pictures coming up in a few days, so I hope that explaines it better.

Lets see if this works for me...
    ...jepp, sure did!

Took some pictures now this evening. Itīs no perfect condition, but has a good potential to become a nice car. Will probably end up with a rotary 12A turbo, but not the "bling"-way ...want it to look like itīs a stock installation.

Otherwise the color might become mazda orginal creamy off-white and maybe the R100 grille, if I one day could afford it :x

So hereīs the famous seatbelt attachment I donīt really understand!
    Looks like its just to hook something in there :shock:

Hope someone seen something similar.

Administrator
    That's an awesome wagon. I wish we got those here.

Nice little wagon, I just got 1 myself, but its a 1200, not a 1300 and it doesn't have any rear belts, so can't help you out sorry.

hey there,

A number of the early Mazda's did get the seatbelt mounts put in on the production line and then fitted according to the country that it was heading too.

My R100 coupe has all the seatbelt mounts but didn't get them in 1969. Australian dealer's did fit the front's in but not the rear. My early STB 1300 wagon like yours also missed out on rear seat belts but does have the holes. Mine does have the threaded captive nut, so maybe the Norway spec car didn't get that welded in. It's a M11 x 1.25mm pitch if you need the size - yes M11 not M10, special seatbelt size.

I'll have a look through my pictures and brochures see if there's a clear picture.

Quote Originally Posted by BEWARE
    Nice little wagon, I just got 1 myself, but its a 1200, not a 1300 and it doesn't have any rear belts, so can't help you out sorry.
    Thanks anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by B1500boy
    ...My early STB 1300 wagon like yours also missed out on rear seat belts but does have the holes. Mine does have the threaded captive nut, so maybe the Norway spec car didn't get that welded in. It's a M11 x 1.25mm pitch if you need the size - yes M11 not M10, special seatbelt size.

I'll have a look through my pictures and brochures see if there's a clear picture.
    Good to hear!
    Got a bit concerned when there was just a hole, wasnīt really working in my world! :shock:
    Have to ask if the belts in the rear are rolling belts or fixed?

Will be waiting for pictures! :tu:

Hello Håkan!
    You read between the lines here and saw through my signature!
    My surname is your second guess, "Målare"

Iīm not sure how you mean, but I answer in both possible ways!
    As written earlier it isnīt really in that great condition... if you look closely on the pictures you see the left front on the hood have a dull patch. The reason is a small collision who also reshaped the fender (not really visible on these pic.) and other small pieces thatīs broken.
    Itīs only photoshop that made it look good here. :wink:

Otherwise you mean itīs a pity to rebuild an original car as this, and I donīt have an argument aginst that opinion ( ops: ) other than that my heart belongs to the rotary and thatīs the reason I bought the car in the first place. But as far as possible I wanīt to keep the car intact so a rebuild back to orginal wonīt be to troublesome... not sure yet whatīs legal to be driving on the streets. So nothing settled, but many plans...

Quote Originally Posted by skunk
    According to Alla Bilar -74, the Mazda 1300 was available in Sweden as a 4-door sedan or 4-door Station Wagon
    Lucky for me then that I bought this from Norway then, when I couldnīt have get one in Sweden (but maybe another modell of year then?)
    But I havenīt checked anything around home (that means Sweden, as the world have shrunken a bit!) as I never thought Iīd get anywhere just search here. I went to the true source from the beginning! (this place.)

Iīll throw out some hooks in Sweden and see what happens :tu:

Thanks for the tip, Håkan!