Thread: oldisgold's '85 Honda NH80 Aero

oldisgold's '85 Honda NH80 Aero

UPDATE! Sold to oldisgold for some RX7 parts and some pocket change (dryer lint included. Score!).

Hey gang, it's been a while. I work as a claims adjuster handling car accidents with deer and other critters and this is our busy season so I haven't been 'round much. Anyways, I think I'm finally ready to buy myself a scooter to play with in the spring. I found this guy...seller says he's willing to part with it for $550. Looks pretty cherry, it has low mileage, and being an '85, it's the best year, too:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3435258977.html

Anybody owned one of these? Here's a cool site with some info: http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/ ... ero80.html

The seller says it won't start in the cold but that might be as simple as a carb issue. Here's hoping...

Re: Cam's '85 Honda NH80 Aero

On Saturday my brother-in-law Rich and I headed out to go have a look-see. There was a pretty fierce snowstorm going on but we pressed on and eventually made it to the seller's house, well over an hour away. When I got there, I took a look over the bike and while it was in great shape there were a few more scuffs than I expected. However, when I tried the key, it started right up and ran like a champ! The seller even had the original toolkit, owner's manual, and the optional basket, all of which I'll be sure to document with photos later. After a little negotiation I was still able to bring her home for the "non-running" price of $550. My brother's truck is massive and we actually managed to fit it in the rear passenger area once we folded the seats down!

More pics later! 8)

Cool! The guy I bought my Wife's Spree from had one of those in gold, I tried to get him to sell it, but no go. Cool bikes!

This is now mine! On a lucky day, I can get it to almost 35 mph, but it is not running reliably or well, this week I will pull the plug and see what's what..

You just wanna take over from here? :lol:

Sure! This thing hasn't gotten as much attention lately as I'd like between accumulating downdraft parts for the fb and maintaining a soul-crushing work schedule.. but I did fire it up in the driveway today, 2 stroke power!

LOL I'm gonna change the thread title. You've already accomplished far more with it than I ever did.