Thread: 76 corolla alignment

76 corolla alignment

Hello,

i have a 76 corolla sr5 and its eating tire really badly and i was hoping someone can direct me to how i can adjust it im more interested in how to adjust camber and no i dont have any camber plates. Any info would help thank you!

-charles

Re: 76 corolla alignment

Quote Originally Posted by charlesM3
    Hello,

i have a 76 corolla sr5 and its eating tire really badly and i was hoping someone can direct me to how i can adjust it im more interested in how to adjust camber and no i dont have any camber plates. Any info would help thank you!

-charles
    Charles, Have you taken it to an alignment shop? best bet would to go and have it checked out.

You can't adjust camber without camber plates or changing the length of the lower arm (cut and weld) or possibly slotting the lower arm bolt hole at the frame and using eccentric washers. On a stock strut, all you can change is caster and toe. Lately, I found out (on my Yaris), you can't even change caster...

If you do go to an alignment shop, run away if they start talking about bending the strut tube. Yes, quite a few years ago, I took my Celica into a Bear Alignment shop (used to be a big chain), and the guy actually started telling me how my camber was off so they would have to disassemble the strut and bend it to get camber back into spec. I never went back.

thanks for all the replies very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Oracles
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesM3
    Hello,

-charles
    Charles, Have you taken it to an alignment shop? best bet would to go and have it checked out.
    No i didnt take it to a alignment shop but jay from ranz pointed me in the right direction thanks