Thread: anyone...

anyone...

Anyone know of some good ae86 build threads..mainly people building cars for time attack, grip or road coarse racing...I can't seem to location any and I need to do some research..

Re: anyone...

Maybe club4ag? Doesnt seem like there are alot of builds on any import that is purpose built.

Only thing that comes right to mind is the Speedhunters posts on the D-mac ultimate 86 build, but that is insanity. I have never really seen a comprehensive 86 build thread. You might want to do some searching on the speedhunters site. While most of their build posts are blog short, they have great pics. There is a guy down in NZ or Aussie land, can't remember which, that is building a sick full caged Toyota truck, complete with his own molds for fiberglass fenders.

they are all over the place and you have to remember everyone has a different way or opinion on how to build the ultimate ae86. go with your own formula and dont listen to what the fan boys who dont even own ae86s are saying you should do because they think its cool.

Dori-Kaze is full of AE86 build threads, ideas, parts, &c.

Finding good purpose built threads are hard. Everyone I see is usually some kids hack job at a drift car. I wont build mine like theyre, just more of seeing how people went about it or got past a certain issue that could arise. I just want to do my research before tearing into it..