Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 76 RA29 (in pictures)

76 RA29 (in pictures)

Got this car sometime ago. I don't have any direction with it short term, I just kind of add/remove things as I go or when they break. Pulled it from a field where the cracks in the ground were so large you could lose a small child in them. Fuel pump and some carb gaskets later and it was running.

It's definitely a rat, but at least it came by it honestly. I buffed the primer and what's left of the paint and, being in finishing, it will likely stay like that for years. It will eventually be minimalist track/driver... engine is still up in the air, but I've got a feeling I know what it will be

Here's a few pics from my work cp/photobucket. They're not in any order, and sometimes I do weird stuff, so if you have any questions, post up, but please don't quote the pics. I'll post more when I get back to the house.

Re: 76 RA29 (in pictures)

Seems to be a lot of these popping up lately. Mine was the only one on the forum for a long time. Nice to see the hatchies getting some love. Mine sits neglected in the driveway for now. Waiting on parts to get it back down on the ground. Looks like a fun start. The weber is so much better than the stock. Haven't decided on engine for mine. The 20R is running fine for now, so I keep it that way. Have a 22RE and a 7MGTE laying around that keep tempting me. Of course, lately the 1UZ voices have been getting louder in my head :lol: Have you made it out to the north Texas monthly yet?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieRA29
    Have you made it out to the north Texas monthly yet?
    That was going to be my question. :mrgreen:

Next DFW meet is this Sunday, December 2nd. :tu:

I've seen alot of LB's popping up on the forums, too... Figure I'd add mine I found this one two years ago and haven't really done anything to it. At first I wanted the LB baaad, then for a bit I had coupe remorse, but I much prefer the hatch... Come to think of it, I've never had a trunk on a car???

Yeah, ya'll caught me, I've been neglecting the freebirds meet. It's just that Tarrant co is sooo far away for us Collin co folk, lol.

as for the mill, the 20r will be present for a bit longer. I've got some "tests" to run on it, before it's gone. I'm normally into big power, but I think the goals for the celica will be 400-500.

here's some more pics of how I found it and when I picked it up, note the cracks in the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Venable
    Yeah, ya'll caught me, I've been neglecting the freebirds meet. It's just that Tarrant co is sooo far away for us Collin co folk, lol.
    Hey, if he can come from Oklahoma, you have no excuse. :P

Aaron thats a nice looking Celica. I kinda dig the fading / wearing away paint. Looks like you have the height and rims sorted. I look forward to seeing what you do to the car. :tu:

Yeah, I drove my celica 3 hours on the bumpstops, in the rain with the 30 year old wipers, no exhaust to speak of and no breather cap on the valve cover. At least you are in Texas already :lol: Your rims, are they Rotas or XXR? I am really trying to decide between the two. Oh yeah, one more benefit for making the freebirds meet, there is a little old lady, original owner RA29 that makes it sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by OkieRA29
    Your rims, are they Rotas or XXR? I am really trying to decide between the two.
    My money is on Konig Rewinds. :wink:

Okie, I have seen the pictures of the mint ra29 you speak of and I would have to park my celica far away so that it didn't give her car the aids(rust).

And John, your money would have been in the right place, they are Rewinds. A temp solution to get rid of the solid steelies.

As for the meet this weekend, it would be a long shot. The celica's tore down and the red car is on slicks and the registration is out, no inspection, etc. If I put the celica back together in time, I might... if the old lady says I can go :roll:

That is what I thought. Can't get the rewinds in the sizes and offsets I want, which is why I am looking at the Rotas.