Thread: Mitsubishi 1983 Gj Sigma turbo! (From Australia)

Mitsubishi 1983 Gj Sigma turbo! (From Australia)

Hey guys its Matt here again just leting you know that i also have a GJ SIGMA turbo as well it runs a 2.6 block with forged pistons and bal bottom end and i also have put a later model injected Magna head on it as they have bigger inlet ports, 45mm Weber and water/methnol injection it also has a supra 5 speed and a ford 9 inch Lsd diff as for quater mile times it has run a 11.89 @ 116 mph so its a bit of fun too. :P

how does the carb's induction sound like, when the turbo is spooling at the same time?

Forgot about cars running Turbos with carbs, could be idea for my other LT that I can't sem to get running properly.
    Seen some pressurised carb systems, but with yours having the fuel go through the compressor, does this cause any problems ?

Administrator
    Nice.... I really dig this body style.

Very nice Sigma!

Turbos with carbs

Very nice engine setup. Can you give more details about the engine please? Like how's that setup going so far?

Oh man, nice setup.l I'm trying to gather the parts for a factory turbo setup right now? Does that 45 offer much better fuel than the solex?

Shaun

Cool engine, looking like new. How clean collectors? my starting to rust and I want to brighten them somehow ...

Quote Originally Posted by LT2000EX
    Forgot about cars running Turbos with carbs, could be idea for my other LT that I can't sem to get running properly.
    Seen some pressurised carb systems, but with yours having the fuel go through the compressor, does this cause any problems ?

i've run a few suck through systems myself, on isuzu G series motors.. the fuel running through the compressor draws the heat out of the charge air, basically a chemical intercooling effect. the only downside to this is that in cold climates (ie under 5 degrees centigrade) you can end up with the throttle plate icing up to the point it sticks... so its a good system in hotter climates, not great in snow. and you cant run a normal intercooler system as it will turn into a bomb if u have a backfire. happily though water/methanol injection was invented, so you dont need any other type of intercooling..

over here grant williams FC RX7 tube frame drag car was running high 7's with a suck through carby turbo 13B about 10 years ago, running methanol. so yes they have mega power potential!