Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 76 Celi

76 Celi

Hey everyone- new to the forum (well posting at least). Wanted to share my 76 LB I bought about 6 omonths ago. It's been a long search...
    I've wanted one for about 8 years and have been actively looking to buy for 4 years ever since I moved to WA. Finally found my dream candidate!

It was completely stock when I got it, 70s smell and everything. now it's kinda stock. And jesus, those bumpers... :td: ....im working on it trust me

Re: 76 Celi

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :P :P :P :P :shock: :shock: :shock:

wow!! that`s hot celica!!

You forgot the first rule... wheel size and spec :P Very nice start for a project. Couple of options for bumpers, FB or JDM. FB can be bought from a couple of places and usually run around 300$ a set. JDM bumpers can only come from a few places and cost about 1000$ a set with shipping. Good luck with the project!

too cool. Looks like you got a good start. you are jumping on it and getting in that inerior! Is the bright white going to be the cars exterior color? I loves me some toyota super white.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieRA29
    You forgot the first rule... wheel size and spec :P Very nice start for a project. Couple of options for bumpers, FB or JDM. FB can be bought from a couple of places and usually run around 300$ a set. JDM bumpers can only come from a few places and cost about 1000$ a set with shipping. Good luck with the project!
    haha - well if you must know :mrgreen: wheels are 15x8+0 and 15x9+0. tires are 195/50 and 205/50

yeah ive been tryin to track down some fiberglass reps. ive got a couple leads so ill get some new or used either way. My plan is to wrap in chrome vinyl so if everything goes right you won't be able to tell much difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Skellington
    too cool. Looks like you got a good start. you are jumping on it and getting in that inerior! Is the bright white going to be the cars exterior color? I loves me some toyota super white.
    I knew before I even bought it that this Celica was destined for white haha. To me there was never any other choice. its just great. in fact as soon as i get some time, ill be wrapping the car in gloss white. Ill need to block sand this thing down and fix a few dings, replace fender etc, so it might take me while because I dont particularly care for sanding and fixing dents!

and yeah, the interior had to go. It was actually in pretty good shape, so I was a little hesitant, but I had to stick to my original intentions. And I couldnt stand the gnarly smell anymore!

I must of got lucky. my interior smells pleasant compared to many cars of its era. Your car will look amazing in bright white. The height is already perfect. Just pull the dents, paint to your taste and it will look ... well titties! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaMad
    I knew before I even bought it that this Celica was destined for white haha. To me there was never any other choice. its just great.
    What is it about the white... I have a LB too and I feel the exact same way..

as for the wrap and the fender replacement... get some hammers and a paint gun! You're gonna scuff and work the body anyway

factory seat/vinyl cover?

I dig it man !
    Smiley bumpers and boom
    Are they rotas or volks
    Looks so good
    Matt

rotas ops:
    wish they were volks, as I usually don't rock knock-offs, but I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a car thats realistically not going to see the track. just didnt make sense. I constantly give my buddy shit for having Rotas on his FD rx7, but rightfully so because he actually tracks his car consistently. But for a low and slow Celi, it works for me :mrgreen: