Thread: Lowering when there's no solution from the shop ?

Lowering when there's no solution from the shop ?

Hello, well I figured I'd rather create a new topic for this question since it can help others.

So, I live in europe, and as a daily driver, I have a very nice 1990 Nissan bluebird. It's a great car and all, but I thought I'd go a little "extreme" on it, well, basically wide wheels, probably fender flares, a mean looking exhaust and... slammed.

this is my only problem here, I used to have an mx5 and I had no problem finding coilovers for it, but for this little baby, other than a set of shorter spring, nothing in sight.

and I want it to be as low as it gets. it's a daily driver, for track use, I already got an FC so I'm not specially after a performant car, I just want it to look cool and a little japanese/bosozoku-ish if you see (and you probably do) what I mean.

anyway, how do you guys do, to get your cars slammed even tho there's no part for it ?

Well, for the front you could always adapt coil-overs to your stock strut housing? Several companies make kits for this.

Basically requires you to cut off the stock spring perch, weld on a locating ring, then slip all this stuff on.

What sort of suspension is out back?

I dont think the newer bluebirds run strut insterts though, so welding onto the strut might blow your fingers off, lol. There should be a slip on coilover available, but they really suck. I'd poke around nico and see if anything crosses over.

thanks for all the replies, I'll see what I can do, I got told I could try some S13 coilovers or primera ones

cut the springs or just get rid of the springs! :lol: That's how the real boso guys rolled! :tu: :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by zetozeto99
    cut the springs or just get rid of the springs! :lol: That's how the real boso guys rolled! :tu: :mrgreen:
    Ain't that the truth.