Thread: my corona lift back

my corona lift back

it all started back in puerto rico where i grew up on old toyotas. and i remember my brother inlaw telling me how older cars were cooler than new ones. came to florida and i purchased many cars iincluding a 1988 supra n/a. 2yrs later my wife and i was desperate for a second car due to i work locations, so we cuddent relay on yust her mini-van. so i serched. till my co-worker told me his cousin was selling an old Toyot. so i made an appointment to see the car. when i first saw it i didn't like the car at all. i never even knew what a corona was. never even seen one. plus there was so many electrical problems. evrithing worked woth a switch. after thinking about it i said yes. i thoat what am i gonna loose if im yust paying 400 dollars for it. i spent 200 dollars on parts with my shop discount and got it running perfect. as i reserched more from the car. i find out that the miles where original documented. and that i whas the 3rd owner. 1yr later and this car is my daily driver and im supper attached to it. lol. wuddent trade for anything. i had money to buy a mk4 supra but still strongly prefer to stay with my corona...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: my corona lift back

:tu: nice -that thing must be rare here -i'd think... i grew up in the bronx -and've seen MANY toyotas -though this thing is unique... that lift back feature is cool as hell... i'd bet you might be able to custom up something to make it a lift back wagon hmmmmmmm

nice colour too...

its extremely rare here. only 4 registered coronas from 1978 to 1980 in my state. i get people pulling me over wanting to throw piks of it and asking where i got it. btw ive never seen your type of wagon either. must be a rare model also..

wow 4 -dang... and i'd bet you do get stopped often and asked what kind ov car that is...

are you saying my blue wagon looks rare? if so -allot ov people think it's a subaru -yet it's just a straight up 1991 crown wagon [camry dlx] -yet i guess i did just enough to it [debadging -removing the extra inner light/reflector bit -which only have reverse lights in them -always thought they should light up -yet then just took them off -in order to get more airflow inside the car -being a wagon -there's allot ov trapped air in the back when the windows are down -and i guesses that was causing some drag -and i live in az -where it gets HOT!!! -and so even when parked -i have airflow directly in the car... was thinking about building some solar charged fans in the ducts -to help with that too in the summer...] as to where people really don't know what kind ov car it is...

the white one in the latter foto's is completely custom -toyota never made a wagon with that ass -or light setup -i just took a sedan model -extended the roof and pillars back... and in both drawings -i removed both the rear doors -and the middle pillars -replacing the two rear glass bits with one...

the blue drawing is what i wish i could do with my car... I'd have to replace the front seats on either -in order to gain access to the rear seats though -seeing as i just had a kid -and he needs to go back there -so money's going to be a bit tighter -and thus my dream might not come true so some time... yet dreaming is good :tu:

if i ever find time -i will draw a version ov yr car -turned into a wagon hatch... even the idea thrills me...

-cheers