Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cousin's Kyuusha

Cousin's Kyuusha

My cousin has started attending University, and I've let him shack up with me for a while...

...It's frustrating, because it's not mine :lol:

And every morning, I wake up, see it, and think of all the cool things I could do to it, cheaply, to make it look ten times better...

Like, I think one day he's going to find I've attacked it with a black spraycan, to the grille and windowframes, or hidden his hubcaps.

...Anyway, it's an 89 GT, fresh all-over Maaco red, and at least it doesn't have bumpstrips

He likes his car (enough to have festooned the interior with many red and black Wal Mart accessories), but isn't an obsessive weirdo like me, so has no plans for it... I wish I could think of a way to persuade him into thinking his car is "cool" enough to do something about, but can't figure out how I would accomplish this without utter obnoxiousness :lol:

Re: Cousin's Kyuusha

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund
    I wish I could think of a way to persuade him into thinking his car is "cool" enough to do something about, but can't figure out how I would accomplish this without utter obnoxiousness

Don't worry about coming off as obnoxious. Sometimes the truth hurts. :P

Awww, so much potential...I say hijack it while he sleeps and put some work down on it!!! :lol:

Administrator
    These coupes have a lot of potential... alas not with objects found at Wal mart.

thanks for the memories

I know your cousin's car is a coupe, but here was mine way back when... (sigh)

oh this my FAVORITE body style celica EVER. these things just OOOZZE class and 80s sportiness. these thing are pretty easily found too, i know they sold a BUNCH of em'. the potential is just through the roof.

...I have a feeling the next car I buy, should I have a reason to do such a thing, will be a Celica...

But I'm partial to the first, third, and last generations 8)

Or any AllTrac :mrgreen:

...btw, just discovered this, and think it's amazing :shock: Does it have a name? Usually I prefer pop-ups on anything, but this is gorgeous, and reminds me of a 240SX->Silvia conversion... Is it a Curren, or something?

Birds of a feather flock together! Get him around other Celica peeps. Maybe some of their enthusiasm will rub off on him. The 6th annual all Celica meet in Chino Hills is on October 17. Mostly 7th gen, but usually all gen Celicas are represented. I will be late but I will bring my 1st gen. and don't say it's too far! We had guys show up from out of state for this!

Here is more info:
    http://www.newcelica.org/forums/show...ferrerid=10954

Administrator
    Dachshund - that's called a Toyota Corona Coupe but it's basically a Celica. My first thought was Cadillac Allante!

I love these, my old neighbor is kind of a toy nut, and he bought one of these right before he moved . I helped him pick out some wheels (granted he didn't buy any of the awesomeness I suggested, sigh.) and helped him source a suspension, but he moved before installing anything, so I didnt get to help make it rad . Is that grille stock? Painting it black would suck, the grille looks great silver!! Almost makes me want a celica now! FWD is kind of keeping me from making this a serious goal though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund
    :tu: Do want!