Thread: Flood waters in GA

Flood waters in GA

Flood waters tried to take my 620 away! not really i could have easily moved it if neccesary. The floods were all over my mableton/austell which is where i live. it close to Atlanta on the westside. Many homes where lost as well as a few lives. on a car note, i bet alot of classics where flooded as well. Since it is the south, mostly classic chevy/fords but you know the owners loved them. my yard floods a bit, but nothing compared to my neighbors, as you see the water flows thru my yard. Look online for helicopter pics and stuff, i just thought i'd share my personal pics.

my yard

intersection of a major rd {austell rd} with 2 residential road. yes that is all supposed to concrete out ahead of us

grocery store flooded

honda and houses {waters had gone a little down at this point}

Bankhead Hwy {hwy 78 goes from coast to coast/old I-20}

had to add this one, i didnt take it of course. this is next door to a muffler shop i go to sometimes. also it next to a place called Hubcap Annies, this guy had like a acre behind his building of stock wheels and hubcaps for everything. i imagine his business is ruined, it was set up like a junk yard, but organized well. poor guy i seriously doubt you can get insurance on millions of hubcaps/wheels. Lost his lifes work.

We've had some crazy weather this past month. I'm lucky I live on the southside, we didn't get any flooding down here.

WOW. That is crazy

Administrator
    Man, I feel really bad for that hubcap guy... Good to see your truck was ok though.

On a large scale this little flood is nothing, i mean just look a the tsunami's from today. but it is really different when it's so close to home. Some of these business' have been there since before i was born, and i must have gone by thousands of times. most had flood insurance, but many didnt due to shady realtors/builders.

Kinda looks like my cousins pictures from the Philippines from a few days ago.

rains=flood

rain rain go away come again another day little children want to play.......

its raining again here in the philippines, another storm coming.

Ingat na lng.

Sad scene.