Thread: News from Down Under

News from Down Under

I've got a friend on another forum that has been keeping us updated on a variety of happenings down under in Australia. He's actually a member here also, but he can't seem to find the time to post on all the forums, and so I thought I'd lend a hand and share some of his Aussie JNC news with everyone here.

First off, he was recently involved in a photo shoot for the UK magazine, Retro Cars. His two Toyotas were involved as well as his Cortina and 8 other cars.

Here's a picture of his two Yotas - a 1965 Stout and a 1970 Corolla KE11

More pictures and words HERE

Then, it turns out he just bought a nice, no, VERY NICE 1967 Mitsubishi Colt 100, which he talks about HERE. It looks like this car belonged to another JNC member, as I was able to find pictures of it in the JNC Mitsu section.

Man, when I see nice examples of a nice non-Toyota like this, it makes me want to change marques :wink:

Finally, he just informed us that he attended the famous Bay to Birdwood Classic Rally and hooked up with a bunch of other Corollas. Again, more of his pictures and words HERE.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy his photos, and I'll forward more of his news here in the future.

Very cool :tu:

I've seen his cars before at a car show. But I didnt happen to see it drive past on the weekend.

Unfortunatly I only saw a bunch of old American and British cars drive past when I was walking into the local hardware store.

I looked into buying that Colt... and/or the other one the seller had, a Fastback. Would have to sell the Florian for it though, aargh. Same with other cars from down under, too may cool cars, too little money. :|

Love the Corolla shots too, amazing!

Looks to be Craig's old colt from old colts in OZ, I'm in the midst of cleaning up a 1100 sedan myself.

I'm really loving that Stout, what an awesome example, love to see more.

God, I'm in love with that KE11. And his Cortina. Very nice cars, thanks for the links!

Quote Originally Posted by benny_blanco
    I've seen his cars before at a car show. But I didnt happen to see it drive past on the weekend.

Unfortunatly I only saw a bunch of old American and British cars drive past when I was walking into the local hardware store.
    you should have looked harder mate.
    we had the Bellett's as a featured marque this year, and had 28 of them all in a row from west beach to birdwood.

there were a few other JDM's around too, including the Colt's owner in a Colt fastback, plus some other Toyota and Datto's.

Hehe.... sorry to resurrect an old thread..... but I am finally here at JNC. The cars Toyotageek has presented above are mine

It is correct that I bought the Colt from Craig (Old Colts in Oz).

Thanks for the good comments people.