Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: because everybody's doing it... a te72

because everybody's doing it... a te72

Soooo, this was my daily I picked up for 700 bucks before I was back in school. Currently driving the van until she sells but I miss poor old Dennis. Has shortened mr2 struts up front and camaro struts out back, cut springs for now...

Picked up a t40 and a welded diff for it a while back. Flying home in a couple weeks from school. Going to drive back in this guy and install the trans/diff over a free weekend. The 3t is pretty tired but the 4a just seems too limp for the swap cost, and I'm not a fan of the sound/power delivery. Considered going 1j, but the swap is too bling for this car( not to mention it's going to put a whack of weight in front of the wheels). Figure I'll just go 1u with itbs and exhaust and call it a day.

The TE AKA... Dennis

yay double posty

Re: because everybody's doing it... a te72

Going to pick up a set of Longchamp xr4 in 15x8 and 15x10(granted I can find some)

Also, Decided on a colour, non metallic toffee brown, keeping vinyl bumpers and paint matching box flares. Now, to find a MKII supra rear end and an lsd.

That's a fat front dent. Sick car though, I love te72's when the got a 1uz under the hood. Good choice on motor.

Thanks man. And yea, some goof backed into me in my work parking lot, figures. Got a spare fender here, so when it comes time I'll toss it on. In the meantime there's no point, with my luck it'll happen again.

Haha yep that's life, as soon as you try and get up, it kicks you down again.

Are you going to run the jdm 1uz?

No, I can pick up an ls400 Write off for 400 bucks. Using the drivetrain minus the auto box and probably going to grab the hood hydraulics and hvac then part the rest.

Hmm where are you located?

Cause for my corona I was going to run the jdm 1uz which you know you dont have to deal with any of the stupid egr system or smog components. Initial setup was going to be 1uz, r154 trans, mk1 rear end. Haven't heard much on using the mkII rear end, how's that handle?

Sorry what I was going with here was the jdm 1uz I get for $600 down here in so cal, and there is another member on here that can get it in nor cal for i guess $400.

I'm in Vancouver BC. Since I'll be using custom headers and intake, egr stuff is a fairly simple fix. And sorry yea, as for the axle, I meant mark I. I've heard about issues with r154's being notoriously notchy, but that's just from people who drift, so I was going to go w58. I'm also kind of curious about fabbing some sort of rear subframe that could use an r200 diff. But that would be down the road and only if finding a mark I axle was a pain. I'm just excited about this build since its old. I've had 3 r32 skylines and as much as I'll probably get one again, I think classics are way more fun to modify because they're a clean slate.

Ok cool, you don't have to worry much then, I see some off these guys down here running there cars with egr systems still and they have way to many issues. It's like if your going to build a race car, get rid of the stuff you dont need. But my friends are pretty dumb sometimes.

Man, id love to have any skyline, especially an R32! California sucks, cause there banned unless you go through the process of getting all the smog parts taken care of, but by that point you're already spending more money than a new R35 GT-R (except hakosuka's and kenmari's, there legal)