Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1983 Honda City Turbo II

1983 Honda City Turbo II

Hi all
    This came up for sale, for $450.. so I bought it!
    Body is ok, not great. Does need some rust removed before rego, but for its age, its good! Interior is pretty clean (looks dirty in the pictures but thats just the fabric)
    Injectors are currently out of it, so we'll put those back in, stick a battery in it, and see if it runs!

Re: 1983 Honda City Turbo II

g'day its a cool car, i brought it 6 months ago cause it was cheap, but just didn't have the time or money for it, with the honda n600 and other projects, also my partner Jen has her 78 Civic, we thought it would be better off with some one that could use it.

hope the project goes well, its quite unique.

:tu:

Really? I was under the impression that the previous owner in cygnet had it for quite some time..

no not at all, i'm at bagdad and owned it a few months but i got it from down near rokeby wreckers they had three of them, a white one, your blue one and a glitter painted one, i know the blue one was at rokeby for atleast 3 years cause i remember seeing it there. i could only afford the blue one at the time as they wanted a bit much for the white one and the glitter one was basicly stuffed. yours did have a nice set of alloys on it when i sold it, but now has those original type ones on it.

Weird. Because i just spoke to the previous owner and he says he's owned it for years..

*edit* also.. they wanted more for the non turbo ones?? Was the glitter one black?

that is strange, here it is at my house only a few months ago.

yes, the people i brought it from had a white turbo2 for $1000, a black glitter turbo gt $250 (non widebody) and your blue turbo2 $250, i sold it for $400 with the mags in this photo and a spare turbo/injectors in the boot. out of the three yours was the only one that had the airconditioning pump etc still fitted the rest had been cut out, I thought it was good seeing as they have a fridge in the dash with the aircon hooked to it. also yours has the extra lip on the rear bumper which was cool...

i just have too many projects on the go... not sure if you know about the optioned motocompo that fits in the back of these? quite cool.

Wow.. ok then. I believe you now! Did you ever have it running?

Nah i never had it running, i didn't do a thing with it really other then vaccume the interior a bit, the guy that had them had a stroke and couldn't tell me much as it was hard for him to speak, but he did mention the turbo needed replacing (thats why there was a spare turbo in the boot) but the engine was fine he said. the engine also had a small fire around the injectors thats why there was spare injector plugs with it, as the others were melted. i did look to put it back together but was it was missing the O-rings on some of the injectors, so i had planed to measure them and get some but didn't get there and decided to sell it along with a couple other cars i had at the time.

No worries thanks for the info

OMG.. What a bargin! Love these cars