Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff I find at work

Stuff I find at work

Sometimes my job is mundane. Sometimes it's totally awesome. I work for a company called PGI Auto, based in Mill Creek WA. We do data collection and photography for auto dealer websites. We also build websites, do advertising on craigslist, kijiji, ebay, etc, inventory, and reputation management, among other things. I work specifically in the field, doing photography and data collection for many dealers along highway 99's infamous "Auto row". Usually my days are filled with the typical beige cars offered by the industries corporate giants, and the surplus used cars peddled by the little guys who thought starting a little used car lot in the middle of a depression was a good idea. But sometimes I find some really cool gems, that, for the last three years I have been photographing and keeping selfishly to myself, thinking someday I would start a little thread and share. :lol: I think it's finally time to get off my duff and do exactly that! Some of these pictures might be really good, some might completely suck :roll: All depends on what camera I had in my hands at the time, and the sometimes cramped shooting conditions.

I'll start with this,

Can't remember what year this little van is. But it's got a cool backstory.

This 360 van resides at Carter Subaru in Shoreline. Wade Carter, the owner, started out in the 60's selling Volkswagens, then Subarus. He was an avid collector of exotics, and apparently quite the race car driver. But he also had a special place in his heart for the cars that made him his millions, so when he found this little guy in the 90's, he had to have it as a showpiece.

Apparently, it doesn't run. So it got stuffed in a corner of the detail shop for awhile.

But after much advocating by myself over the last year or so, it was cleaned up, and brought back out. It sits in the showroom, sharing floor space with a new Forester, and a camping tent that is almost bigger than the 360!

Subaru's old logo.

That's it for now. I will put up more. I am always finding stuff hidden in the dark corners of the car business.

Re: Stuff I find at work

COOL! :tu:

I remember seeing one of these driving down the street (Huntington Beach CA) back in the mid to late 70's. The guy driving it was almost as big as the van - he took up the entire front bench seat. :lol:

Thanks for sharing.... what else you got?

I'm having issues with resizing the pics for this one. I shot this at the Mazda dealer in Edmonds last year. Since it's still there, I'm assuming they're not in a hury to sell it!

http://www.seattlemazda.com/seattle-use ... n~Model_/1

Wow, surprised they still have that roadster. Its was posted on Craigslist a couple of time last year. I think the asking price was 12K? dont remember. Really sharp looking car though...

As for the 360, its always nice to see a dealership pay homage and use an older model to advertise alongside the new. there is a VW dealership in Vancouver, Wa that has had classic bugs and buses in its show room, for sale of course.

For Toy-Yoda,

This car resides at Campbell Nelson Volkswagen in Shoreline. It is NOT for sale!

The plaque that they have displayed, says it is a 47?, that was used by the US Army in occupied Germany after the war. Then it made it's way to the states, where the owner bought, and after many years, had it completely restored using old factory stock, including the engine! It is basically a brand new car. Supposedly, after the restoration, it was only driven to the dealership.

I'm not big into German cars, but I love the simpleness, of the old Bugs. The Germans really had something going here!

Next door to the VW dealership, Campbell Nelson has a Nissan dealership as well. They had a 69 Datsun 1300? pickup for sale for a long time. Sadly, I lost those pics, when my other computer crashed, and then they sold it :cry:

Not nostalgic, or Japanese. But very cool.

The owner of this Explorer did the paint himself with an airbrush. Sometimes we take people for granted, thinking all they ever do is wash cars. Then they show up with something like this!

that bug is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by e-at_me
    that bug is outstanding.
    +1

I never really cared for them until I drove one. I want to own one someday.

I always thought they were cool, so I had to have one someday. I've had 2 now and can honestly say I'm over them. but I still like the way the look, they're just built all weird. maybe eventually I'd use the body on an updated/more modern/more normal suspenssion/drivetrain setup, but I'm pretty sure I'm over them.

Quote Originally Posted by opelboy76
    I always thought they were cool, so I had to have one someday. I've had 2 now and can honestly say I'm over them. but I still like the way the look, they're just built all weird. maybe eventually I'd use the body on an updated/more modern/more normal suspenssion/drivetrain setup, but I'm pretty sure I'm over them.
    I'm the opposite...they're cute, but I'm over the bodywork, but I love the archaic suspension & drivetrain setup.