Thread: Leftover 86 Corolla

Leftover 86 Corolla

Hey guys. Names Rob. I'm from Atlanta. I have an 86 Sr5 coupe with a couple mods

ok ok so before show any more pics, here are the specs. Its literally a 7m head bolted to a 5m bottom end. No shaving the valves or pistons for clearance or anything. 7m distributor but 5m management (car previously had a 5m)
    Toyota truck trans, and stock SR5 rear end haha.
    Some pics of the car from the Walter Mitty '12 with my buddies rotary TE and another friends GZE car.

Literally fired the car up, and took it to the track the next day. The maiden voyage was up the highway to Road Atlanta lol.

Here is how the car sits now

DAT COMPRESSION lol

Oh and my bad ass cluster. From an Mx73

Re: Leftover 86 Corolla

SAAAA-WHEAT!!! :lol: One question, any difficulties running the 7M head with the 5M electronics? Oh wait, that was a brain fart... I was thinking GTE with GE electronics. Basically, DOHC 5M, right? How does she run?

Runs fantastic. The faster you go, the faster the car goes. It will punch you back in the seat at 100mph in 5th gear!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXMyqnG1Il8

Wow, love it!

I would've thought that bolting a 7M head on a 5M block would drop the compression but I guess the 2V hemi head must use pistons with pretty big compression dome to get that 3L head to show those number on a 2.8L bottom end.

Got to love the sound of a N/A straight six. Next mod, I vote for triple weber :twisted:

I saw your friends TE31 floating around tumblr and im in love with that thing.

But to the point, your 86 is badass

Haha. The next mod is going to be a properly built engine. Same combo (5m bottom end 7m head) but I'm going to work the head and get some stage 2 BC cams. Then ITBs from an E46 M3, and i'm going to try putting in a 2m crank and rods, to de-stroke it. My long term goal is 300whp NA. And its really not that far fetched. Guy did 5m pistons in a 7m, but cut the tops for valve clearance, then did ITBs and made 261 at the wheels. Even at that, it would be a fun car though.

Put in my volt gauge tonight, and found out I need an alternator lol

Is this the same '86 that john stuffed a l26 into? I remember going into the shop that day and seeing the carbed datsun powered car and asking him why in the heck he would do that. His answer: "I was bored." I love john and GZ. I still sport my shirt around town.

Quote Originally Posted by a-dub
    Is this the same '86 that john stuffed a l26 into? I remember going into the shop that day and seeing the carbed datsun powered car and asking him why in the heck he would do that. His answer: "I was bored." I love john and GZ. I still sport my shirt around town.
    Nope lol. My car was being built at the same time as that one though. Cars were damn near identical lol. We were going to terrorize Atl in the 2 straight 6 eight six's.

That car is getting a Ka24de now, but I think john picked up a hatch to swap all the L series stuff over too. The old L series car is the one circled in this pic