Thread: Caravan to JCCS 2012

Caravan to JCCS 2012

We are organizing a caravan from JDM Legend's shop in Salt Lake City to the Japanese Classic Car Show in Long Beach California.

As you know, the show is on Saturday, September 15th. We are planning to leave the morning of Thursday the 13th and travel to at least Mesquite, NV, possibly to Vegas the first day and continue to SoCal Friday morning hopefully arriving early afternoon. We will be traveling a pretty straight forward route down I-15. We would love to meet up with people along the way and even get together for a mini evening meet on Thursday night if there is enough interest.

To give time to relax after the show we will leave for home on Sunday and return sometime Monday the 17th. We figure 2 days of travel each way with our vintage cars gives us time to take it easy and deal with any on-the-road repairs as needed. Also time for cool photo opportunities in front of abandoned motels.

More details to come as we get closer. Post up if you'd like to join us along the route. The more the merrier.

Re: Caravan to JCCS 2012

Looks like JCCS registration closed early as they are full. I don't think they quite filled up last year so it should be a great show with 400+ nostalgics.

Our Caravan is still happening...

see you at the show!

i dont get to leave til friday morning

This is GREAT! Thanks for getting this up Duane. There's got to be more people taking I-15 to the show that want to caravan... and nobody coming East of SLC?! Come on people, let's get some j-tin on the road!!

haha eric, let me take care of that cosmo and ill throw in an engine rebuild after the show and ill make myself available for the caravan

Thanks, Eric. You're right, there's got to be more people out there. I would think there's someone from Vegas that wants to meet up.

Talked to a Vegas guy on Ratsun. He has a group of 4 heading down but they are probably not leaving till the afternoon. Invited us to breakfast on Friday morning. Could we make that work or do we want to be on the road super early? If we ended up staying in Mesquite the first night we'd be in Vegas by breakfast.

Also, there's another guy who drove out last year from Missouri! He is probably going to adjust his route this year so he can meet up with us at the I-70 / I-15 interchange.