Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 MX73 (Magnaflow on)

1985 MX73 (Magnaflow on)

Just towed home my new MX73 Cressida.

Body is in pretty good shape, California car, no rust.

400 bucks.

Cranks well has spark, but wont start, possible fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, something similar.

Radio seems like it has a bad ground, when you put the hazards on when they blink you can hear a loud noise through the speakers.

This is the thing that sucks. No title. Ran a carfax on it and everything came up good so I have a guarantee that way. The seller provided me with a DMV vehicle transfer and reassignment form which has all her personal information and dl and stuff. So hopefully I can just get a duplicate title requested and be ok.

Need to figure out how to get it running too.

heyy. nice pick up.

what are the plans for it?
    1JZ?!?!? :twisted:
    :mrgreen: :tu:

Keep us updated!!!

nice, gonna be much easier to get parts than for my 1980.

jdm bumpers ftw!

Id like to take a 7mgte turbo and put it on and keep it auto so my girl can drive it.

Right now im worried about the title.

Alright alright! Clean her good today. Looks like the fuel pump is indeeed dead. No biggie. And I think I have the title issue sorted. Hopefully lol Here are some better photos....

Had a decent day today. went out to the junk yard, got a replacement passenger headlight, both turn signals, and a fuel pump (have another for spare on the way) I put the lights on, and they went in fairly well looks good.

Pulled the tank and wow what a stinky nasty nasty mess. It was like creature from the black lagoon in there. We had to hose it out about 8 times and still prob didnt get all the debris out.

Got the fuel pump in bolted it back up, replaced teh clogged fuel filter and she runs. Need to get some good gas in there and well as some injector cleaner. Also there is still some blockage in the exhaust system so the cat might be gone. Going to try and take a look at that tomorrow.

Rabid chimp pipe on the way this week hopefully.

If you need help with the title let me know.

But worst case scenario is get the request for duplicate title form "REG 227".

Fill that form out and have it Notarized with the sellers information. Request Transfer with paperless title. That way the DMV has a Notarized form from the seller to you. Otherwise you'll never register the car. At least not if the DMV clerk is doing there job. But that form is very easy to do and the notary is no more then 10 bucks. I get them for free at work.

Good luck, and the car looks great after it's bath.

Administrator
    If you really want to get the tank clean this stuff is amazing:

http://www.por15.com/prodinfo.asp?grp=MC&dept=2

Just let it sit and empty it out when you're done.

Otherwise, looking good :tu:

First run! It was another long hot day at Goodall's DCL (the driveway) The trunk locked and the latch was not attached, so I had to pull the rear seat and send my brother back there like a little coal miner with a screwdriver to pop the trunk, got the popped and hooked up the wire got that sorted.

Jacked up the car to replace the downpipe and lo and behold! A complete mess! It seems the orig downpipe was hacked before the cat, then a 1 inch pipe was stuck in and welded on to a small mid mount cat the a resonator was added (still 1 inch max) then back to the toyota O.E. muffler

The downpipe with cat in the trunk a was out of some random vehicle so the previous owners obviously just planned and cutting it out and welding it back in. Well that was going to happen in the driveway. I was pissed. I didnt even know if the damn thing drove yet. So my dad based teh muffler a bit and it was obviously clogged to high hell. So i says......lets cut the pipe just before the muffler and see how it runs. Got out the sawzall and cut the pipe. Idle immediately improved. Before the sound out the exhaust was very pule laden and after the cut it became a smooth consistent tone. Car ran a little smokey but we still have leaks in the various intake tubing, super putrid stinky bad gas, and maybe (i hope not) a bad cat.

COuldnt resist the urge and ran to Kragen and got an airflow adapter, drilled it out to fit and popped a 3inch filter on it.

It was a blast to drive! Didnt get on it too much due to bad tires and bad gas. Alternator isnt charging so we have to figure that out.

Anywas it was a good day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_fm7oRStMs

Enjoy the video!