I've never done this before and I'm not quite sure how it's done, so bear with me.
I live in Barstow, CA. I'm the proud owner of 2 1967 Datsuns - one truck and 1 stationwagon (no A/C). My parents bought them in Riverside, CA. in 1967 and gave the stationwagon to me in the 70's when they purchased a new Datsun (was it Nissan then?). The truck was just given to me 2 years ago. I drove the stationwagon everywhere, including once down and back to Mexico. About 6 years ago, my husband completely cleaned up the stationwagon, including a new paint job - yes, we found the original paint and color. All parts are original also. Without A/C, it got too hot to drive when we moved to Barstow, but we couldn't bear to part with it. It's like a family heirloom!
My mother kept the truck in great shape - my dad took it every summer up to the mountains to Boy Scout camp. Now my husband thinks it may finally need a new clutch and there is a short someplace in the electrical - you'll be driving and it will stop and then restart. But all in all, the 2 cars are incredible - they're both in original state and still in the family.