Thread: Shallow South (NC, SC, TN, VA, GA) People on this board?

Shallow South (NC, SC, TN, VA, GA) People on this board?

Toying with the idea of organizing a drift/track day and swap meet (Maybe car show too?) here in North Carolina. I'm in Asheville, not far from the states mentioned. Hoping to gauge some interest, and recruit folks who might also be interested in something like this.

This wouldn't be Datsun specific, or maybe even import specific (..but I am tired of never ever seeing an import at a car show).

Trying to post this on all the boards I belong to (probably getting some overlap) and feel this out, see who might want to get involved, etc.

Re: Shallow South (NC, SC, TN, VA, GA) People on this board?

If I could ever get my celica done if definitely be down, I'm in upstate south carolina, we defiantly need to get some classic import meets started here in the south!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow
    If I could ever get my celica done if definitely be down, I'm in upstate south carolina, we defiantly need to get some classic import meets started here in the south!
    Ride the mountain in your Datsun. I love a 520. Also (shameless plug), I have a bunch of stuff in my garage that I pulled off a 78 Celica a few years ago. Let me know if you need anything. Letting it go cheap. I don't have a Celica anymore and a need the space.

Heck yeah man pm me with what all you have that you wanna sell, and my old datsun truck needs some wiring work so it won't be going anywhere soon :cry:

i'm in VA. wouldn't mind the drive. i don't have a drift car.. honda civic here... but if it's done, or at least running, i'd be down.

Think I'm going to do a preregister sort of thing. Got to make sure I got enough people interested to actually get this thing off the ground. May start out with a track day and expand. So if you'd like to come out and drive, send me a PM with your real name and some kind of contact info. Email would be best, so I can send out stuff to everybody at once.

Just to put it straight, this will not be on a real "track". I'm going to plot out a make shift track out of the roads at the WNC Ag center. There are no tracks in Asheville. Some guy on another forum got in a tiff because it wasn't at a "real" racetrack. As far as I'm concerned, any place with tarmac where I can bomb around as fast as I want is indeed a ractrack :wink: .

yeah... i think i'm out then.. recipe for police attention.. one car, not a big deal.. multiple cars, nah. i've done that before when i was younger. never ended well.

I think he means itll be a sanctioned event in a parking lot with a made up course, that's how our autocross was done in my area, just a parking lot and some cones lol

i'm fine with autocrosses, but from what i'm reading, it's not going to be..