WTB: Daihatsu Trimobile / Midget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Daihatsu Trimobile / Midget

I'm looking for a Daihatsu Midget. I have been looking for one for nearly 10 years now, but they always disappear when I find them or are owned by some hoarder who refuses to sell and wants to ruin it by putting a motorcycle engine in it "someday".

I'm not looking for a runner, just want something that is at least complete so I can restore it. If this post is still up, I'm still looking. Hopefully not for ten more years.

Thanks!

What country are you from?
    Originally posted by datsunfreak
    No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.

Comment

U.S.A.

If this post is still up I'm still looking (yes even if this post becomes three years old).

Comment

Hi,

I have a Daihatsu Trimobile I'd like to sell. It's all original and it has a tag that says it once belonged to Lockheed aircraft.
        Im unable to send my email through this forum but send me your contact details and I'll contact you. Thanks

Comment

Sending a PM.

Edit: apparently I cannot send a PM because I do not have enough posts on the forum yet.
          Last edited by Mos6502; 12-03-2015, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I might need somebody to send a PM on my behalf, in case they don't know I responded.

Comment

Well I'll be waiting here I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos6502 View Post
                Well I'll be waiting here I guess.
                I might just have to bump up my own post count if nobody minds.

Comment

Ok let's see if I can find this one before it disappears like the rest do.

Comment

Made an (honestly pretty generous) offer on the truck which was missing parts, and also made up of parts from different years, and was turned down. So still looking.

The disappointing thing about these cars is they somehow always end up in the hands of people who have no real appreciation for them.
                    Last edited by Mos6502; 12-03-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

For future reference: the truck I made an offer on was this one. It was later listed on ebay for $2500, and got zero bids and did not sell. It was mostly complete, but non-running, and without title. I'm posting this here to give an idea of value should anybody else find one or want to sell.

Comment

I'd try contacting the Lane Motor Museum. Jeff Lane is known for keeping in contact with other owners of rare cars in the US. They might be able to put you in contact with someone.

Comment

If you've really been looking for 10 years you're price expectations must be skewed

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Dfq7La9rg

Comment

Originally posted by JNC View Post
                            If you've really been looking for 10 years you're price expectations must be skewed

Hardly. I've been keeping track of sale and asking prices for years. I have a good idea of what these vehicles are worth (I've not factored in people who got them for free of course, since that would skew things). When this one popped up I also asked a collector who had bought and sold one a while back (and has owned tons of microcars) their opinion, and they said my offer was fair. I give their idea of value more weight than somebody who just pulls a number out of their left ear because it sounds good.

10 years? I can't drop everything I'm doing and run across the country any time a neat deal shows up. There are things, beyond price, that come into play when looking for any old car. So I don't think that is indicative of anything other than that my life is not entirely devoted to cars. A rather nice Trimobile just sold last year in Oregon, for a similar price as this one was asking - except it was a very early one, pre-1964, and I would have loved to have had it, but life intervened.
                            Last edited by Mos6502; 02-02-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spridget View Post
                              I'd try contacting the Lane Motor Museum. Jeff Lane is known for keeping in contact with other owners of rare cars in the US. They might be able to put you in contact with someone.
                              They have a nice Trimobile. I'm aware of several, although none are currently for sale. Unfortunately, most of them belong to people who have been "planning" restoration for five or more years now. I think we all know how that goes. But they're not particularly rare, and I'm not in a big hurry. The right one will show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X