X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsp979
    started a topic 1974 RA21 Toyota Celica ST Restoration

1974 RA21 Toyota Celica ST Restoration

In Sept. 8, 2012, I made a deal to buy a 74 ST automatic. It has the best interior and exterior compared to my '71 and '72.

My car is silver with black interior and black vinyl roof, automatic and equipped with AC. Unfortunately, the owner I got it from sold the AC system. :banghead:

Between the original owner and myself, the car got repainted white, so it became white with black vinyl roof.

Here is the 74 the day I picked her up, Sept. 12, 2012. Hood, motor, trans, misc parts are included but not pictured.

Original 18R-C and auto trans

Bonus 18R-G and W50 trans

1974 and 1971 next to each other

• RA21Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by dsp979 View Post
    Just got my confirmation letter. Definitely in!

It's on Saturday, June 1. Wouldn't want you to miss the biggest Toyota show on the West Coast.

Thanks, RA21Dragon!

Car is basically done. Just little things here and there to make it more complete. Feel free to reach out, I'm more than happy to help and answer questions.

For sure bro! Thanks. Let me know if there are any upcoming meets in the bay. I missed Golden week Kyushu in Richmond...had a reaction to a vaccine lol. My car needs a few things too before its finished.

Leave a comment:

• boilerman
    replied
    Got it....June 2.... Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    June 3, 2017.

This is a pair of 1973 front struts I got at a junkyard. Sent this out to TechnoToyTuning (T3) to get converted to coilovers. The 74s have a different front caliper location.

The blasted front x-member.

The blasted lower control arms and front bumper brackets from the spare front bumper that are on the car now.

Lower control arms and bumper brackets painted. The ball joints, rubber were later replaced and the rest of the lower control arms painted together.

The left and right lower control arms with the Toyota logo.

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    May 29, 2017.

Replaced the "Automatic" emblem with a "5-speed" emblem.

The original front bumper.

A spare front bumper that I used on the car. Cleaner without the bumperettes.

The original rear bumper.

This actually polished up really well after the bumperettes were removed and is what's on the car today.

The newly painted brake/clutch pedal assembly versus the original, 67k-mile automatic brake pedal assembly. Notice how clean and rust free the automatic pedal assembly looks and the rubber pedal hardly showing any wear.

The original x-member (top, with the ziptie) before i sent it out to get sandblasted.

Last edited by dsp979; 05-26-2019, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    May 29, 2017. The car getting ready to be delivered by Darren, the paint/body guy.

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    May 21, 2017. While waiting to get the shell back, i got the brake/clutch pedal assembly blasted at a shop and painted at home.

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    May 7, 2017. Photos from Darren, the body/paint guy.

Last edited by dsp979; 05-26-2019, 09:15 PM. Reason: added pics

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    April 24, 2017

Last edited by dsp979; 05-26-2019, 09:17 PM. Reason: fixed the date, added photos

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    Just got my confirmation letter. Definitely in!

Originally posted by boilerman View Post
    So you'll be attending June 2.... Cars ready to go.....I'll check it that day
    It's on Saturday, June 1. Wouldn't want you to miss the biggest Toyota show on the West Coast.

Originally posted by RA21Dragon View Post
    I've been following your videos on Youtube and have been wondering how the build is going. Is it done? I am also building a 74 RA21 and in NorCal as well (Hercules in the east bay) and would love to touch base and pick your brain.
    Thanks, RA21Dragon!

Car is basically done. Just little things here and there to make it more complete. Feel free to reach out, I'm more than happy to help and answer questions.

Leave a comment:

• RA21Dragon
    replied
    I've been following your videos on Youtube and have been wondering how the build is going. Is it done? I am also building a 74 RA21 and in NorCal as well (Hercules in the east bay) and would love to touch base and pick your brain.

Leave a comment:

• boilerman
    replied
    So you'll be attending June 2.... Cars ready to go.....I'll check it that day

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    Originally posted by boilerman View Post
    Awesome finally after 2 years. ....are you located in socal
    Thanks, boilerman! I'm in NorCal, and I'm registered for Toyotafest again. Just waiting for confirmation that i'm in.

Leave a comment:

• boilerman
    replied
    Awesome finally after 2 years. ....are you located in socal

Leave a comment:

• dsp979
    replied
    4-23-17

Engine bay is painted! Photo from paint/body guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X