MS65 Engine Swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS65 Engine Swap

hey, i'm just curious if the 7m is a direct bolt in for the 4m engine. I know the harness will need modifying and I'll need an ecu and fuel pump.
    And what would be needed for a 7m efi to carb swap? thats it, thanks.

Yes the 7M will bolt in. You might need the 4M oil pan if the 7M pan won't clear the steering linkage in the back.

Wiring is the hard part, but at the end of the day it's just a few wires you need to figure out. Been a while since I did it.

7M to carb I don't know a lot about, but I did look into it at one point. Ignition timing is the challenge, as the 7M distributor's advance is electronically controlled and the old 4M one is probably vacuum advance.
    kolxoz

Comment

Im doing the same work but with 5mge engine, looking for the ecu electrical diagram (imposible to find), not to much work to adapt the engine just a few modifications, luck with the 7m swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Matches View Post
        Yes the 7M will bolt in. You might need the 4M oil pan if the 7M pan won't clear the steering linkage in the back.

Wiring is the hard part, but at the end of the day it's just a few wires you need to figure out. Been a while since I did it.

7M to carb I don't know a lot about, but I did look into it at one point. Ignition timing is the challenge, as the 7M distributor's advance is electronically controlled and the old 4M one is probably vacuum advance.

I mean like, the 4mge is drive by cable and the 7mgte is drive by wire? for the 7m, would i need to hack up some sort of throttle position sensor and bypass the electronic throttle or? and i've figured out the electrical for the most part. have essentially every wiring diagram for old toyota's, so.

Comment

7M engines are cable operated throttle.
          kolxoz

Comment

Working...
          X