1971 Corona RT81

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 Corona RT81

Came across a Youtube video of a Toyota Corona one day, sparked my interest almost immediately. Video was of a car in Hawaii, searched social media and found the owner. Started doing a bit of research of my own and found a 1971 Toyota Corona RT81 on Tradecarview. Contacted the seller/dealer and asked about its condition, a few weeks later I was preparing the wire transfer. I'm stationed on Mainland Japan and the vehicle was located in Nara. On march 24 it arrived to me. The journey to where it sits now began immediately.

Upon arriving she fired right up! Rough however, she fired up and idled hard for a few seconds. First on the list was the fuel system and carburetor. Worked with the company ReCarb in Australia for a Weber 32/36 conversion kit.

Next I drained the fuel tank and purged the fuel hard line. With the help of a friend I was able to order a fuel pump and all necessary parts for a full fuel system to feed the weber carb.

A vintage piece I one day hope to be using again.

Removed the original carb and cleaned the engine bay up. Still needs some work. The picture of the engine bay is before the Weber and fuel system. I'm currently running a Nismo fuel pump, with Summit fittings. Relocated the fuel pump to the trunk after cleaning the tank up utilizing a DIY vinegar method. Sanded the outside and painted the tank prior to reinstalling it. Next on the list was to get a whole new exhaust system.

Comment

A few more steps before taking the car to get a JCI inspection.

3 speed manual transmission.

Comment

Pictures broke?
        P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...-jcca-race-car

Comment

Exhaust all welded up.

Comment

I also requested the welder hook me up with a straight pipe option. The little 12r sounds amazing with it.

Comment

So sick!!! You mentioned you're stationed in Japan? What branch of service?
              [Another Day, Another Beer]

Comment

Over the weekend I installed these new headlights and brackets.

Comment

Awesome! What a great looking car. Congrats
                  kolxoz

Comment

Was hoping to get some help...I have been trying to figure out the oil filter part number on my 12r motor, it has the housing/cartridge type filter. I have gone trough Super Autobacs here in Japan who stated they contacted dealers to attempt to get some however, there are none. I have now gone through two parts stores who both stated the same. I searched the web and came up with the Ryco R2278P which I found on Amazon and a Ryco R2239P, I'm wondering if anyone out here has

Comment

Just buy a oil filter relication kit from B&M then you can ran use a big oil filter like ph8a on d kit
                      1981 Toyota Celica GT 550,000 miles on original engine and tranny,79 Supra F312 rear
                      1996 Lexus LS 400 290,000 miles going strong
                      2002 Toyota Sequoia 4WD 147,000 too young

Comment

Working...
                      X