Coughing RA42

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughing RA42

Interestingly enough, After I had bolted my Weber 32/36 on it, the car ran like clockwork. It was smooth and it was perfect. A month or two ago. I came back to it today and the car wouldn't start, I double checked everything, and the darn thing would not start. Checked all the Vac lines. And everything seemed fine. Wont start. Though when I had cut the power after starting, the car would cough or sputter very briefly. Any ideas?

Have the jets come loose? Tends to happen in Webers. Does it have a choke or fuel shut off solenoid?
    "When you start a tornado, and you are the tornado. Do not bitch about being the tornado."
    - Marilyn Manson

Comment

It's kind of doubtful, this carb is brand spanking new. I'm about to go check the plugs and distributor cap.

Comment

Check the timing and put new spark plugs
        1989 Mazda 323 3 Doors BP05 Swap
        1989 Mazda 323 Wagon
        1986 Toyota Corolla 3tc
        1984 Toyota Corolla SR5
        1990 Mazda 323 DX

Comment

Doesn't matter if it's new man -___- I've bought brand new DCOE's and the jets were loose, Hell I've bought $300 fuel pumps that haven't worked. Also, You didn't even answer my other questions :/
          As a fellow RA40 enthusiast...

I was just trying to help.
          "When you start a tornado, and you are the tornado. Do not bitch about being the tornado."
          - Marilyn Manson

Comment

hi can you post some pix of your connection, does it use your stock air filter box or an open filter one, thanks
            1981 Toyota Celica GT 550,000 miles on original engine and tranny,79 Supra F312 rear
            1996 Lexus LS 400 290,000 miles going strong
            2002 Toyota Sequoia 4WD 147,000 too young

Comment

Oh wow I thought I had, Sorry about that,

It's a water choke, and it does have solenoid.

The other thing is, I've been trying to narrow the issue down, I ended up replacing the Distrib. Rotor, New spark plugs. The other day I went to check the spark and out of the sever times the engine turned over, it gve me a really weak yellowish colored arc, and I know it's supposed to be blue. As of now, I'm looking to replace the Igniter. I'm looking at a MSD PN 6200 series to replace it with. The coil is brand new, that I shouldn't have to worry about.

As for the Air Filter, I use the stock one due to the possibility of failing Visual inspection. I have the adapter for it, though I wish I could have gotten the electric choke, the Air cleaner doesn't sit well with thermostat hoses hooked up to the side of the 32/36

Comment

That is a super awesome celica! My buddy showed me a few pictures of your ride.

Comment

Working...
                X