Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Corona Mark II Coupe (RX22) from Spain.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MK II View Post
    Was it difficult to take away the dashboard?
    And can you please explain in short how you did it.
    Hi,
    It’s a little tricky…
    Take care with plastic bits they can crack easily (use plastic trim removal tools)

1. Disconnect the battery +
    2. Disassemble the steering wheel and the starting switch plastic covers.
    3. Disassemble under dash trim (Pull carefully and unhook the clips)
    4. Remove 2 bolt holding the steering column. ( The column go down a few cm to make room for the dash removal)
    5. Remove the screws around the bezel outline (6 screws I think)
    6. Remove the clock and the odometer reset pins.
    7. Remove the bezel itself (so carefully because the plastic can crack easily)

At this point I figure that the radio could be removed but my car didn't have so I obviate this step...

8. Now the dash it's exposed remove the hex bolts. First the heater controller ones and next the rest arround the dash.
    9. Pull out partially the dash and disconnect all the wirings and speedometer cable. (mark them for reassembly)
    10. Remove the speaker.
    11. Remove the glove box door and it’s inner lining.
    12. Carefully Unhook the right ventilation grille and remove the two hidden screws. Then remove the entire ventilation bezel.
    13. Now you can remove upper dashboard plate (two nuts and unfold two flanges I think)
    14. Finally to remove the dashboard find two nuts in the inside and two screws in the outside (at both ends near the doors edges)
    15. Pull out the dashboard a little on each side carefully ,

I did it some time ago so maybe I forgot something...but basically it’s the procedure
    Do the opposite to reassembly.
    Good Luck.
    Last edited by joseiMarkII; 03-04-2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Hi Jose,
      How are you doing?
      The pitman arm fits good?
      I have to order the pitman arm also,so i want to know if itís oke.
      Greetz,
      Danny.

Originally posted by joseiMarkII View Post
      Hi,
      ​ Finally ordered this

It`s listed for a 1978 Cressida but it have the correct shape and more important, 42 teeth on mounting hole, so hope this fits well.

​Thank you again Danny, your info was so helpful.

Comment

• The original is flat,the one you bought is bent down...das it fit also?

Comment

• it is so cool . very nice

Comment

• Hi. I'm thinking about running weld in spring adjuster on the rear similar to the pic and have some custom shocks made. Super interesting about the front coilovers. Who would have thought a mustang 2 would have come in handy lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny-RX12 View Post
              The original is flat,the one you bought is bent down...das it fit also?
              Hi Danny,
              Sorry for the late, late , late response.
              Don't worry about the pitman. It'll fit and work perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhutungotoNgocTri View Post
                it is so cool . very nice
                Thank you Dude

Comment

• Originally posted by Retromx22 View Post
                  Hi. I'm thinking about running weld in spring adjuster on the rear similar to the pic and have some custom shocks made. Super interesting about the front coilovers. Who would have thought a mustang 2 would have come in handy lmao
                  Hi Retromx22,
                  Yes, this would be a great solution for rear lowering. I finally opted for a custom made lowering springs.
                  There is a company in Sheffield (UK) named Springcoil Ltd. that make custom coils for any vehicle. They take measurements of original coils and then make new ones under your specifications.
                  I sended them one of my coils like a sample and they make me a pair of brand new 50mm lowering springs.(will post any pics...…....................................….some day )
                  The worst part is that obviously I don't have the oppotunity of ride height adjustments like the front.Don't discart a future weld-in coil adjuster setup.
                  About QA1 Mustang II suspension, man it's fits like a glove in this car, only I had to make bigger the shock pockets nut holes at lower arm.
                  The car drives very nice despite my 2 tons cheap wheels.
                  Last edited by joseiMarkII; 05-13-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• this car is legend

Comment

• Originally posted by joseiMarkII View Post

Hi Retromx22,
                      Yes, this would be a great solution for rear lowering. I finally opted for a custom made lowering springs.
                      There is a company in Sheffield (UK) named Springcoil Ltd. that make custom coils for any vehicle. They take measurements of original coils and then make new ones under your specifications.
                      I sended them one of my coils like a sample and they make me a pair of brand new 50mm lowering springs.
                      how much did you pay?
                      Isnt 50mm too much?

What about the front , it must have been lowered by 70mm with the mustang springs?

Opel Ascona B lowering springs can also be used in the front.

Working on my car, currently fixing the dashboard, fixed the crack with tec7.
                      gonna repaint it black.

Comment

Working...
                      X