Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "identify this wheel" post...

Hi guys,

Came across your forum last night when I was originally trying to identify these wheels, very very impressed with the knowledge floating around!

Not currently an owner of a Jap ride- however the feelers are out for an SA / FB Rx7... but they're rather hard to come across in the UK. For the time being I'm starting to work on a JDM inspired Euro look for my Renault Clio... sorry if I blaspheme!

Any chance that someone can identify these wheels for me?

I have this feeling that they are Wanatabe Rs-8 Type A's, however they seem to have a rough finish- almost like the spokes have been roughly cast when they were made, which makes me think 'knock off'.

They're also in a bit of a weird size - 14x6.5j- which I couldn't find on the wanatabe site. They are 4x100 with an offset of 14. I have heard that they came in a bewildering array of sizes- am I worrying too much?

Last question about the center hub hole - anyone know what diameter that might be? Could do with around 65mm.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Dave[/list]

We need a close up pic of the center of one wheel.
    Elderly Street Club

Comment

Not sure but they went for 421 :shock: :shock:
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0331162663

Comment

Yeah... those would be the ones... I fear that there may be a scammer in the works... or at least someone has more money than sense.

I kinda thought 100-150... 421 seems a little high to me seeing as though they are most definitely Wanatabe RS-8's and not those odd little magnesium roadster jobies...

Comment

Originally posted by munk
          421 seems a little high to me seeing as though they are most definitely Wanatabe RS-8's...
          FYI, RS-8s are multi-piece wheels, not cast one-piece. :wink:

Comment

Need a high res close up pic.
            www.galantvr4.org

http://i29.tinypic.com/jueq9x.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by datsunfreak
              421 seems a little high to me seeing as though they are most definitely Wanatabe RS-8's...
              FYI, RS-8s are multi-piece wheels, not cast one-piece. :wink:
              kk, so what actually were they then- def Wanatabes as I checked them out personally, and was only following what was said in another post! Still can't belive 421 for them though...

The link to the post showing the same flavour of wheel from Google Im's.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Comment

Originally posted by G
                www.galantvr4.org

http://i29.tinypic.com/jueq9x.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by G
                  Originally posted by G
                  Yup, saying it twice isn't going to change the fact that thats the only one that was on eBay. That's as high res as I can get.

Most definatley wanatabes as they had the three birds symbol... couldn't find a model number though.

They looked roughly cast, and seemed to have a stainless steel lip- also they weren't really quite as light as one would have imagined.

Comment

kk, so what actually were they then- def Wanatabes as I checked them out personally, and was only following what was said in another post!
                    They are either "R-Type" or "F8".

Usually the R-Type has a deeper lip and slightly flatter spokes:

The F8 is more commonly seen in narrower widths without much lip:

Comment

They are Type B RS Watanabe's ,have a set on my car and are well worth the money the ultimate roadster wheel

have a set of Type R's to the only difference seems to be the way the spokes end

Comment

If those aren't Watanabes, then they could be Enkei Compe 8s or Minilites.
                        1987 Nissan "Datsun" S12 200sx XE notch
                        1981 Toyota Te72 Corolla
                        1983 Toyota Ae72 Corolla

Comment

Not entirely sure that they're worth the fat end of 500 to be honest, but hey if they are one of the best mx5 rims then who am I to argue huh?!

They would have looked lovely on an Rex- which was the original plan when and if I found one in good nick. Oh well, t'is a shame.

Comment

that certainly isn't cheap, but it's not too bad for a set of wats in that size
                            having said that, they certainly don't qualify as "deep" considering the small lip on them :lol:
                            www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Dfq7La9rg

Comment

Originally posted by KFC
                              They are Type B RS Watanabe's ,have a set on my car and are well worth the money the ultimate roadster wheel

have a set of Type R's to the only difference seems to be the way the spokes end
                              and that's pretty close to the ultimate roadster!
                              http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...nightrider.jpg
                              Originally posted by datsunfreak
                              Friends don't let friends drive stock. 8)
                              http://www.myspace.com/abandonaugust

Comment

Working...
                              X