Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat reupholstery options

Hi all.

Is there a common source out there for replacing the original vinyl material on seats? I called my local upholstery shop and he said he doesnt have a source for direct replacement material. So I either need to find a catalog or source with original vinyl or I need to find a replacement that matches as close as possible.

this is for A 79 TE 51 in tan.

Re: Seat reupholstery options

http://worlduph.com/

i believe they can offer material. pity they only do covers for European cars.
    driversity.tumblr.com

Comment

you can usually get something that's pretty close, Mazda guys here in Oz got hold of a material for R100 seats, it's usually not the colour or style of vinyl thats a problem, its the embossed patterns on headrests etc that can be painful to replicate.
      occasional blog: http://ewokracing.tumblr.com

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

Comment

This won't do any good in Oz or Pennsylvania but here in Southern California I went to my local Evans Upholstery shop in Lawndale [I think, boundaries are confused here] and bought an auto vinyl pattern called "Wallaby" that was an exact pattern match for my 1967 Datsun. Moral, check the Yellow Pages or equivalent for upholstery supplies and pay a visit. You don't know what you will spot on the rolls of material! Local Adult Education classes occasionally feature furniture refinishing and reupholstery classes. Their instructors are a gold mine for where to get upholstery, vinyl or fabric, materials.
        MikeRL411

Comment

Is there a basic method there for changing the actual vinyl material on the seats? We will had cheap essay writing. I called my local store and said that there was no source for the direct replacement equipment. So I either need to find the catalog or source with the original vinyl or I need to find a replacement that fits as much as possible.

Comment

Go to an upholstery supplier and use your eyes.
            MikeRL411

Comment

Working...
            X