1985 Chrysler Laser XE Turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Chrysler Laser XE Turbo

I'm a fan of weird Japanese cars (my daily driver is a 6MT CR-Z), and I've lived in Japan, but my nostalgic car is all American. (Though I think it has some Denso stuff under the hood). The car is a front wheel drive 2.2 turbo so it doesn't necessarily fit in with the V8 crowd.

The car needs a few small things fixed, but I'm planning on keeping it stock and enjoying the 80s-ness of it.

Oh, it also talks:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ_bHYJjzbk

Clean, nice!
    Activity is not on my list of activities.

Comment

Wasn't that based off the French designed Dodge Omni All American might be a stretch. That's a slick car though.

Comment

Nice! Its hard to find these in any shape much less as clean and preserved as the one you have. Hopefully you keep it as stock as possible because it is far more rare that way than if you change it.

Comment

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Ryan@JNC View Post
          Wasn't that based off the French designed Dodge Omni All American might be a stretch. That's a slick car though.
          The Dodge Charger and Plymouth Turismo were derived from the Omni and looked kinda similar:

The Laser (And it's twin the Dodge Daytona) were derived from the Aries/Reliant "K-Car" platform. All of them (including the Shalby Omni GLHS) were available with the 2.2 turbo engine that mine has.

Comment

Working...
          X